Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard/CPU(s) Problem..

Last response: in Overclocking
March 21, 2006 11:03:57 PM

well.. in December i left my computer down the street at my local computer shop.. because at the time i didnt know how to mess with SATA..

the computer guy who offered to do it for me.. totally screwed my computer. unluckily i brought my AMD athlon64 3000+ and my free Sempron 2600+ down their.. i dont know what he did because i was 2 stores down in the plaza eating pizza.. and when i came back it was broke and he was trying to change the cpus.

so i got a new motherboard (MSI 7030 Ver:1 Socket 754 MotherBoard)

i put everything in.. (using the sempron) it worked... it got to the bios screen then i turned it off to start my spring break..

i tried again and it booted and had a beeping sound.. indicating bad memory/agp/cpu..

it was the cpu so i tried the other one.. but niether of them work now.. what do you think could be wrong? i could totally see it being the cpus because i dont know what the guy down the street did..

when it comes to computers i am very good.. i have built a few for friends but my own system is totally screwed (and has been for 3 months) what could be the problem..
March 22, 2006 2:37:33 AM

Did you check the cpu and see if the "computer guy" had accidently knocked off one of the pins?
March 24, 2006 10:58:34 PM

yep.. i checked and didnt see anything..

and i have used 3 motherboards since and none of them worked on either processor.. (other than the first boot off the MSI mobo)
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
March 24, 2006 11:48:12 PM

again another MSI problem - iv had one of my boards replaced many times before the company i bought it from gave me an ASUS board (old stock) to get rid of me, iv seen all there products (mobo's video cards and cd burners) fail and die - there all crap, now that you have learnt your lesson never buy them again.
March 25, 2006 12:30:18 AM

Quote:
well.. in December i left my computer down the street at my local computer shop.. because at the time i didnt know how to mess with SATA..

the computer guy who offered to do it for me.. totally screwed my computer. unluckily i brought my AMD athlon64 3000+ and my free Sempron 2600+ down their.. i dont know what he did because i was 2 stores down in the plaza eating pizza.. and when i came back it was broke and he was trying to change the cpus.

so i got a new motherboard (MSI 7030 Ver:1 Socket 754 MotherBoard)

i put everything in.. (using the sempron) it worked... it got to the bios screen then i turned it off to start my spring break..

i tried again and it booted and had a beeping sound.. indicating bad memory/agp/cpu..

it was the cpu so i tried the other one.. but niether of them work now.. what do you think could be wrong? i could totally see it being the cpus because i dont know what the guy down the street did..

when it comes to computers i am very good.. i have built a few for friends but my own system is totally screwed (and has been for 3 months) what could be the problem..

I need some more information to be able to help. What hardware do you have installed with this system:

- Motherboard = K8N Neo Platinum (MSI Part No: MS-7030)
- CPU-1 = AMD Sempron 2600 (Socket 754)
- CPU-2 = AMD Athlon64 3000 (Socket 754)
:arrow: - Memory =
:arrow: - Hard Drive = (You did say SATA What Brand and Model)
:arrow: - Video Card =
:arrow: - Power Supply = :idea: (Does it have the 4-Pin connector goinf to the motherboard)?

This is from MSI's WEB Site:
Main Memory
• Supports 3 slots for 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMM modules.
• Supports the memory size up to 2GB.
• Supports unbuffered non-ECC DDR 400/333/266.
:arrow: • Supports a maximum memory size of 2GB for DDR400
:arrow: • Supports a maximum memory size of 3GB for DDR333

:wink:
March 25, 2006 12:33:26 AM

Quote:
again another MSI problem - iv had one of my boards replaced many times before the company i bought it from gave me an ASUS board (old stock) to get rid of me, iv seen all there products (mobo's video cards and cd burners) fail and die - there all crap, now that you have learnt your lesson never buy them again.

Funny - Our failure rate on MSI boards are less than 1%. Our failure rate on ASUS boards is now over 40%. I dont think his problem is the board - maybe configuration issue.
!