Stu

Having installed NTBackup from the XP Home CD, I want to
create a set of "standard" backups, which I can use
regularly, as I did with W98SE's backup. (eg. documents,
projects, etc)
However, even if I refer to the previous backup I did, I
find that I have to specify the files again.
Is there a way to specify standard sets?

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 04:35:31 -0700, Stu wrote:

> Having installed NTBackup from the XP Home CD, I want to
> create a set of "standard" backups, which I can use
> regularly, as I did with W98SE's backup. (eg. documents,
> projects, etc)
> However, even if I refer to the previous backup I did, I
> find that I have to specify the files again.
> Is there a way to specify standard sets?

Open the help file for NTBackup and look up "jobs." After defining a job,
you can select it and run a backup without having to enter all criteria
again. You can also schedule backup jobs to run at an appointed time.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User