• Homebuilt
  • ASrock
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems

What do you think of ASROCK?

Total: 18 votes

• They suck...every board they have stinks
  • 6 %
  • They Rule! I highly recommend ASRock motherboards!
  • 6 %
  • Only used the 939 Dual-SataII board and its awesome
  • 28 %
  • ASRock??? Who are they???
  • 6 %
  • Know about them, never used them (unsure)
  • 56 %
March 22, 2006 12:22:17 PM

My new AM2 riser board for my ASROCK mobo (listed in my signature) cometh!!! This board rulz man!!!

More about : am2 riser board cometh

March 22, 2006 12:37:40 PM

ASROCK boards are g00d, ch33p, and they do the Job, not to mention, they are very expandble

I dunno how OCable this mobos are, mine reached 220HTT on a Sempron3000 fully stable with low voltage, but with 225 I fskd up my HDD and had to format xDxD...
March 22, 2006 12:43:00 PM

The picture? Dunno--but the riser works on my mobo (see my sig.), the 939SLI-eSATA2, and the 939SLI32-eSATA2. It's likely a picture of the 939SLI32-eSATA2 mobo as that is ASRock's latest greatest Socket 939 mobo that supports the riser card.
Related resources
March 22, 2006 1:08:19 PM

Well, nice rig & good luck man!

I do want an AM2 pc, but I'll wait til next year, new tech needs to grow up and I'll let it be for a while, who knows what will be goin on in this nanoworld next year, besides, prices "will" drop

BTW, I heard bout pci-e 2.0 coming next year, I really don't know anything about it but I don't buy this...for now : P, so, do you know anything about it?
March 22, 2006 6:41:23 PM

PCI-e 2? No never heard of it...without knowing about it I must still ask--why does it need updated? Nothing even comes close to using the full bandwidth of PCI-e 1.x. Maybe it's hype. I'll look into that for you though.
March 22, 2006 6:54:53 PM

Suposdly it would have improved bwidth........but it's insane......like vidcards competition and quad-sli....why would someone need 2Gb worth of V-RAM on their pcs?xD
March 22, 2006 6:59:17 PM

WooooHooooo !!

I have been keeping my eye out for this riser since i got this board. Just mainly curious as to how it would fit / restrict airflow and how the cpu and ram will perform in a riser as opposed to a built in socket. Should be interesting. Good find man. Also, do you know what this riser costs?
March 22, 2006 7:10:41 PM

Quote:
PCI-e 2? No never heard of it...without knowing about it I must still ask--why does it need updated? Nothing even comes close to using the full bandwidth of PCI-e 1.x. Maybe it's hype. I'll look into that for you though.

Since the CPU is put into the PCI-E slot, and PCI-E is 4GB/s bandwidth...and RAM is over 6GB/s...hm...that's why you need faster PCI-E.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 22, 2006 7:29:48 PM

Quote:

Since the CPU is put into the PCI-E slot, and PCI-E is 4GB/s bandwidth...and RAM is over 6GB/s...hm...that's why you need faster PCI-E.

Yeah, but I believe the original PCI-E spec allows for upto 32 lanes on one slot, which I believe will give more bandwidth than needed, even though we haven't seen one yet.
March 22, 2006 8:04:30 PM

normally a add on cpu card has its own memory on the card so your argument has no merit if thats the case.
March 22, 2006 8:11:11 PM

Quote:
WooooHooooo !!

I have been keeping my eye out for this riser since i got this board. Just mainly curious as to how it would fit / restrict airflow and how the cpu and ram will perform in a riser as opposed to a built in socket. Should be interesting. Good find man. Also, do you know what this riser costs?

It's not released yet, and ASRock has not revealed pricing info yet either...only a sneak peek and even that I had to dig and dig through google for.
March 22, 2006 9:13:08 PM

Quote:
normally a add on cpu card has its own memory on the card so your argument has no merit if thats the case.

Tru64 dat.

!