AM2 Riser board cometh!!!

My new AM2 riser board for my ASROCK mobo (listed in my signature) cometh!!! This board rulz man!!!
11 answers Last reply
More about riser board cometh
  1. ASROCK boards are g00d, ch33p, and they do the Job, not to mention, they are very expandble

I dunno how OCable this mobos are, mine reached 220HTT on a Sempron3000 fully stable with low voltage, but with 225 I fskd up my HDD and had to format xDxD...
  2. The picture? Dunno--but the riser works on my mobo (see my sig.), the 939SLI-eSATA2, and the 939SLI32-eSATA2. It's likely a picture of the 939SLI32-eSATA2 mobo as that is ASRock's latest greatest Socket 939 mobo that supports the riser card.
  3. Well, nice rig & good luck man!

I do want an AM2 pc, but I'll wait til next year, new tech needs to grow up and I'll let it be for a while, who knows what will be goin on in this nanoworld next year, besides, prices "will" drop

BTW, I heard bout pci-e 2.0 coming next year, I really don't know anything about it but I don't buy this...for now : P, so, do you know anything about it?
  4. PCI-e 2? No never heard of it...without knowing about it I must still ask--why does it need updated? Nothing even comes close to using the full bandwidth of PCI-e 1.x. Maybe it's hype. I'll look into that for you though.
  5. Suposdly it would have improved bwidth........but it's insane......like vidcards competition and quad-sli....why would someone need 2Gb worth of V-RAM on their pcs?xD
  6. WooooHooooo !!

I have been keeping my eye out for this riser since i got this board. Just mainly curious as to how it would fit / restrict airflow and how the cpu and ram will perform in a riser as opposed to a built in socket. Should be interesting. Good find man. Also, do you know what this riser costs?
  7. Quote:
    PCI-e 2? No never heard of it...without knowing about it I must still ask--why does it need updated? Nothing even comes close to using the full bandwidth of PCI-e 1.x. Maybe it's hype. I'll look into that for you though.

Since the CPU is put into the PCI-E slot, and PCI-E is 4GB/s bandwidth...and RAM is over 6GB/s...hm...that's why you need faster PCI-E.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
  8. Quote:
    PCI-e 2? No never heard of it...without knowing about it I must still ask--why does it need updated? Nothing even comes close to using the full bandwidth of PCI-e 1.x. Maybe it's hype. I'll look into that for you though.

Since the CPU is put into the PCI-E slot, and PCI-E is 4GB/s bandwidth...and RAM is over 6GB/s...hm...that's why you need faster PCI-E.

Yeah, but I believe the original PCI-E spec allows for upto 32 lanes on one slot, which I believe will give more bandwidth than needed, even though we haven't seen one yet.
  9. normally a add on cpu card has its own memory on the card so your argument has no merit if thats the case.
  10. Quote:
    WooooHooooo !!

I have been keeping my eye out for this riser since i got this board. Just mainly curious as to how it would fit / restrict airflow and how the cpu and ram will perform in a riser as opposed to a built in socket. Should be interesting. Good find man. Also, do you know what this riser costs?

It's not released yet, and ASRock has not revealed pricing info yet either...only a sneak peek and even that I had to dig and dig through google for.
  11. Quote:
    normally a add on cpu card has its own memory on the card so your argument has no merit if thats the case.

Tru64 dat.

Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt ASrock Systems