Help I need a printer driver for cannon S330 printer

Hi
I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer and
I dont know what I am doing or how to get one. I downloaded a printer
driver to my desktop but dont know how to install it from there. Now i
think i threw it in the recycle bin. Can anyone help me, I need my
printer to work and dont have the disk. It worked fine before my puter
crashed and i had to reload backups. any help will be greatly
appreciated

sincerely

mike

On 7 Jan 2005 14:26:47 -0800, carstereos89@aol.com wrote:

>Hi
>I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer and
>I dont know what I am doing or how to get one. I downloaded a printer
>driver to my desktop but dont know how to install it from there. Now i
>think i threw it in the recycle bin. Can anyone help me, I need my
>printer to work and dont have the disk. It worked fine before my puter
>crashed and i had to reload backups. any help will be greatly
>appreciated
>
>sincerely
>
>mike

Hi Mike,
You can obtain a driver from here
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=231&modelid=6610

The method of installing that I would use is as follows:

Download the file to your desktop and as a matter of principle I would
right click the 'Setup' icon and run and anti-virus check. Skip that
if this is a problem for you - I would trust Canon in this case.

Go to the taskbar, bottom right of your screen and right click and
close down all running programmes. Then press down on all three keys
at the same time; 'Ctrl' 'Alt' and 'Delete' and select and 'End Task'
of every running programme EXCEPT 'Systray' and 'Explorer'.

Double click on 'Setup' icon and go from there.

Good luck,
Reg

Reg Mouatt wrote:
> On 7 Jan 2005 14:26:47 -0800, carstereos89@aol.com wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer
and
> >I dont know what I am doing or how to get one. I downloaded a
printer
> >driver to my desktop but dont know how to install it from there. Now
> >think i threw it in the recycle bin. Can anyone help me, I need my
> >printer to work and dont have the disk. It worked fine before my
puter
> >crashed and i had to reload backups. any help will be greatly
> >appreciated
> >
> >sincerely
> >
> >mike
>
> Hi Mike,
> You can obtain a driver from here

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=231&modelid=6610

> The method of installing that I would use is as follows:
>
> Download the file to your desktop and as a matter of principle I
would
> right click the 'Setup' icon and run and anti-virus check. Skip that
> if this is a problem for you - I would trust Canon in this case.
>
> Go to the taskbar, bottom right of your screen and right click and
> close down all running programmes. Then press down on all three keys
> at the same time; 'Ctrl' 'Alt' and 'Delete' and select and 'End Task'
> of every running programme EXCEPT 'Systray' and 'Explorer'.
>
> Double click on 'Setup' icon and go from there.
>
> Good luck,
> Reg

Hi Reg
thanks so much for your help. I was able to do it and it worked. Your
instructions were to the tee. Im not that computer literate but your
instructions really helped me to do it.thanks again
sincerely

mike

khelkun

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
Hi

Do you know if canon just don't support Windows Vista 64 driver on the S330 model please ? I can't find any ...