Help I need a printer driver for cannon S330 printer

Hi
I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer and
I dont know what I am doing or how to get one. I downloaded a printer
driver to my desktop but dont know how to install it from there. Now i
think i threw it in the recycle bin. Can anyone help me, I need my
printer to work and dont have the disk. It worked fine before my puter
crashed and i had to reload backups. any help will be greatly
appreciated

sincerely

mike
3 answers Last reply
More about help printer driver cannon s330 printer

    On 7 Jan 2005 14:26:47 -0800, carstereos89@aol.com wrote:

    >Hi
    >I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer and
    >I dont know what I am doing or how to get one. I downloaded a printer
    >driver to my desktop but dont know how to install it from there. Now i
    >think i threw it in the recycle bin. Can anyone help me, I need my
    >printer to work and dont have the disk. It worked fine before my puter
    >crashed and i had to reload backups. any help will be greatly
    >appreciated
    >
    >sincerely
    >
    >mike

    Hi Mike,
    You can obtain a driver from here
    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=231&modelid=6610

    The method of installing that I would use is as follows:

    Download the file to your desktop and as a matter of principle I would
    right click the 'Setup' icon and run and anti-virus check. Skip that
    if this is a problem for you - I would trust Canon in this case.

    Go to the taskbar, bottom right of your screen and right click and
    close down all running programmes. Then press down on all three keys
    at the same time; 'Ctrl' 'Alt' and 'Delete' and select and 'End Task'
    of every running programme EXCEPT 'Systray' and 'Explorer'.

    Double click on 'Setup' icon and go from there.

    Good luck,
    Reg

    Reg Mouatt wrote:
    > On 7 Jan 2005 14:26:47 -0800, carstereos89@aol.com wrote:
    >
    > >Hi
    > >I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer
    and
    > >I dont know what I am doing or how to get one. I downloaded a
    printer
    > >driver to my desktop but dont know how to install it from there. Now
    > >think i threw it in the recycle bin. Can anyone help me, I need my
    > >printer to work and dont have the disk. It worked fine before my
    puter
    > >crashed and i had to reload backups. any help will be greatly
    > >appreciated
    > >
    > >sincerely
    > >
    > >mike
    >
    > Hi Mike,
    > You can obtain a driver from here

    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=231&modelid=6610

    > The method of installing that I would use is as follows:
    >
    > Download the file to your desktop and as a matter of principle I
    would
    > right click the 'Setup' icon and run and anti-virus check. Skip that
    > if this is a problem for you - I would trust Canon in this case.
    >
    > Go to the taskbar, bottom right of your screen and right click and
    > close down all running programmes. Then press down on all three keys
    > at the same time; 'Ctrl' 'Alt' and 'Delete' and select and 'End Task'
    > of every running programme EXCEPT 'Systray' and 'Explorer'.
    >
    > Double click on 'Setup' icon and go from there.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Reg

    Hi Reg
    thanks so much for your help. I was able to do it and it worked. Your
    instructions were to the tee. Im not that computer literate but your
    instructions really helped me to do it.thanks again
    sincerely

    mike
  3. Hi

    Do you know if canon just don't support Windows Vista 64 driver on the S330 model please ? I can't find any ...

Printers Printer Driver Peripherals