Help Overclocking Opty 165

I just got my opteron 165 in a few days ago and have been trying to find its limits for overclocking. I am running stock heatsink and fan as well as stock voltages. I topped out at 2.2 GHz, which from what ive read isnt that great. Could there be something im forgetting.

I have the HTT multiplier at auto. And my fsb is at 244. I am also running a ram divider cause my ram sucks. I have a DFI LANparty UT ultra-d mobo.

Any help troubleshooting would be great ...thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about help overclocking opty
  1. Since you have a DFI Lanparty board, i think your best bet is looking on the DFI-Street website. They have tons of resources to look at when changing the multitude of options in the bios.
  2. I have the same processer and board and I am prime stable at 2.8gig :mrgreen:

This board and processer are amazing but you have to know what you are doing. Check this tread http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

Do yourself a favor and get on their forums and learn as much as you can. It took me two weeks after I got my system built to get 2.8 stable running DDR500 memory. 312x9 with a 5/6 divider
    Honestly you have good hardware you just need to research and test. You will spend a great ammount of time benching and testing but the end result is worth it.

And another thing if you have crappy ram, this will kill your preformace, it's like giving a Ferrari unleaded. If you spent the money on this board and CPU, do your self a favor and get yourself some good ram otherwise you won't overclock crap :mrgreen:
  3. HTT mutli to 3X

3X300=900

900X2(DDR)=1800=within good range of 1600-2000 of HTT for socket 939
  4. Quote:
    I have the same processer and board and I am prime stable at 2.8gig :mrgreen:

This board and processer are amazing but you have to know what you are doing. Check this tread http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

Do yourself a favor and get on their forums and learn as much as you can. It took me two weeks after I got my system built to get 2.8 stable running DDR500 memory. 312x9 with a 5/6 divider
    Honestly you have good hardware you just need to research and test. You will spend a great ammount of time benching and testing but the end result is worth it.

:

I have been reading that stuff for weeks now, anything in perticular you think may be commonly overlooked?? ....also did you change the vcore???
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking