Epson Stylus Pro XL

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
January 8, 2005 11:43:54 AM

I have a Pro XL that I use to print tabloid size paper. I have been
forced to switch to Windows Xp and I need new drivers. I can get it to
print in color but no black. It will print a .jpeg in black but
nothing from the computer. Does anyone know of a work around or
anything short of buying a new printer that I can do?

More about : epson stylus pro

Anonymous
January 9, 2005 1:34:47 AM

richard@rwhittington.com wrote:
> I have a Pro XL that I use to print tabloid size paper. I have been
> forced to switch to Windows Xp and I need new drivers. I can get it
> to print in color but no black. It will print a .jpeg in black but
> nothing from the computer. Does anyone know of a work around or
> anything short of buying a new printer that I can do?

Epson no longer supports that 'antique'. You either use the Windows driver,
or buy a new unit.
on salads.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 9:33:45 AM

What driver are you currently using? Is it the packaged driver with XP?
Have you tried the NT 4.0 driver that Epson offers on their website?

I have a Pro and Pro XL, currently on a Win 98SE system, but I would
like to make them available to XP as well. I wonder if the NT driver
will work?

Art

richard@rwhittington.com wrote:

> I have a Pro XL that I use to print tabloid size paper. I have been
> forced to switch to Windows Xp and I need new drivers. I can get it to
> print in color but no black. It will print a .jpeg in black but
> nothing from the computer. Does anyone know of a work around or
> anything short of buying a new printer that I can do?

Related resources
January 9, 2005 5:08:15 PM

I tried to install the NT driver but XP stopped me. I am using the
packaged XP ones, but again no black print. I have E-mailed Epson
suport to see if they will come up with something. If they do I will
post it here.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 4:10:04 PM

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> What driver are you currently using? Is it the packaged driver with
> XP? Have you tried the NT 4.0 driver that Epson offers on their
> website?
> I have a Pro and Pro XL, currently on a Win 98SE system, but I would
> like to make them available to XP as well. I wonder if the NT driver
> will work?
>
> Art

FYFI, NT4 drivers are *NOT* compatible with XP. Windows XP is, essentially,
a superset of Windows 2000 (NT5.1) therefore, Windows 2000 drivers will
work, but NT4 drivers will not.

As there isn't a 2000 driver, then the OP has two choices - stick with the
native driver, or ditch the unit and purchase one that is XP compatible.

on salads.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 5:48:51 PM

I'll be speaking to Microsoft's printer people in a couple of days, and
ask if there is any hope on their end. I'm not holding my breath.

Art

richard@rwhittington.com wrote:

> I tried to install the NT driver but XP stopped me. I am using the
> packaged XP ones, but again no black print. I have E-mailed Epson
> suport to see if they will come up with something. If they do I will
> post it here.

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 5:58:07 PM

Yeah, I was thinking 2000 drivers, sorry... XP doesn't talk NT, and
Epson doesn't offer 2000 drivers for the Pro/ProXL.

Let me get a clear understanding of what the XP packaged drivers are
doing. You mentioned something about getting black on a jpeg but not on
via the computer?

So I have a few questions:

Do you mean it will not print in black ink, at all (for text, vector
drawings, or bit mapped?) or that when it prints in color, it will not
use black ink with the color inks, or that you want it to print using
only black ink, and that won't work?

If you can get back to me before Tuesday, I can run this by the MS
printer developers and see if they know of any work around.

If you prefer to do this in private email, just contact me directly.

Art

!