Updating Brand New Axim

October 9, 2004 4:57:48 PM

My question is this.... would it best to update my new Axim X30 High when it
arrives out of the box?
Will I need to restore any new software that comes with a brand new Axim?

X30 Update 10/7/2004 >>>>>
Axim X30 System Update Utility (A02 English ROM) for Windows Mobile 2003
Second Edition. ROM releases for Axim X30 312MHz & 624MHz (802.11b Wireless
LAN & Bluetooth)

Thanks,

Jack Barrett
Cell: 845-987-4675
RSG Roll Call: http://rec-sport-golf.com?rc=jack
Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

More about : updating brand axim

Anonymous
October 9, 2004 4:57:49 PM

My guess would be no. Those have been out long enough yours should come with
that update already on it. After you charge and go through the required few
setup steps you can go to Settings>System Tab>System Information and it will
show you if the A02 version is on there.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> My question is this.... would it best to update my new Axim X30 High when
it
> arrives out of the box?
> Will I need to restore any new software that comes with a brand new Axim?
>
> X30 Update 10/7/2004 >>>>>
> Axim X30 System Update Utility (A02 English ROM) for Windows Mobile 2003
> Second Edition. ROM releases for Axim X30 312MHz & 624MHz (802.11b
Wireless
> LAN & Bluetooth)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack Barrett
> Cell: 845-987-4675
> RSG Roll Call: http://rec-sport-golf.com?rc=jack
> Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

Anonymous
October 9, 2004 6:04:49 PM

Thanks Sven!
I will let you know how I make out.

"Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My guess would be no. Those have been out long enough yours should come
with
> that update already on it. After you charge and go through the required
few
> setup steps you can go to Settings>System Tab>System Information and it
will
> show you if the A02 version is on there.
>
> --
> Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> "Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> > My question is this.... would it best to update my new Axim X30 High
when
> it
> > arrives out of the box?
> > Will I need to restore any new software that comes with a brand new
Axim?

> > X30 Update 10/7/2004 >>>>>
> > Axim X30 System Update Utility (A02 English ROM) for Windows Mobile 2003
> > Second Edition. ROM releases for Axim X30 312MHz & 624MHz (802.11b
> Wireless
> > LAN & Bluetooth)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jack Barrett
> > Cell: 845-987-4675
> > RSG Roll Call: http://rec-sport-golf.com?rc=jack
> > Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

October 9, 2004 6:31:54 PM

Mine came with the A03 firmware, which is available via this thread on
Aximsite (with flashing instructions):
http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=52277&h...

As ever, be careful. Unless you absolutely must have any new 'features and
fixes' this update provides, don't fix what ain't broken ;>)

"Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> My question is this.... would it best to update my new Axim X30 High when
it
> arrives out of the box?
> Will I need to restore any new software that comes with a brand new Axim?
>
> X30 Update 10/7/2004 >>>>>
> Axim X30 System Update Utility (A02 English ROM) for Windows Mobile 2003
> Second Edition. ROM releases for Axim X30 312MHz & 624MHz (802.11b
Wireless
> LAN & Bluetooth)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack Barrett
> Cell: 845-987-4675
> RSG Roll Call: http://rec-sport-golf.com?rc=jack
> Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

Anonymous
October 9, 2004 6:31:55 PM

I'd be real cautious about using that sort of update. If you brick your X30
installing a ROM image you got from some site that isn't released yet as an
update on Dell's site, their tech support may be less than sympathetic.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices

!