Has anybody noticed this while flying

Last response: in Video Games
June 11, 2005 6:48:04 AM

I have an issue I think the people at Microsoft should deffently birng
up for the next flight simulator in the series. Has anybody noticed
while flying that some rivers are missing. For example when you fly
over Nashville were is the Cumberland river that runs though the city
it just stops before it get's to Nashville. Or take Williamsport, PA
there is no river that runs though the city that should be there. There
are also many other rivers that arn't there that should be.

More about : noticed flying

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 11:44:59 AM

PGM <PGM@forums.simradar.com> wrote:

> I have an issue I think the people at Microsoft should deffently birng
> up for the next flight simulator in the series. Has anybody noticed
> while flying that some rivers are missing. For example when you fly
> over Nashville were is the Cumberland river that runs though the city
> it just stops before it get's to Nashville. Or take Williamsport, PA
> there is no river that runs though the city that should be there. There
> are also many other rivers that arn't there that should be.

This is actually not the direct fault of MS, but instead the fault of
Jeppesen's data, which MS used not only for the airports, but also the
hydrography.

I use Jeppesen's IFR Flight Star to plan real flights and their VFR map
exactly matches the hydrography in FS200x, down to the mistaken lakes and
rivers that were turned into separate, scattered lakes, rather than one
long river.

Hence the opportunity by third party authors to correct the hydrography, as
I had done with the NYLakes project:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&D...

If this were easy, however, there would have been an accurate payware
version long ago. While there are a couple of payware products out, they
are not of very good quality (IMO).

--
Peter

June 11, 2005 2:56:51 PM

Yes this has been noticed by one or two people.
We ardently hope that something will be done in the next issue.
Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk
Related resources
June 11, 2005 10:30:13 PM

"Beech45Whiskey"
> If this were easy, however, there would have been an accurate payware
> version long ago.

My big hope and wish for FS10 would be high resolution coastlines.

(including rivers and lakes)

Dallas
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 1:35:36 AM

Dallas <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

> "Beech45Whiskey"
>> If this were easy, however, there would have been an accurate payware
>> version long ago.
>
> My big hope and wish for FS10 would be high resolution coastlines.

That would certainly go a long way in making the scenery more realistic,
that's for sure.

--
Peter

June 12, 2005 1:45:28 AM

Dallas wrote:
> "Beech45Whiskey"
>
>>If this were easy, however, there would have been an accurate payware
>>version long ago.
>

> My big hope and wish for FS10 would be high resolution coastlines.
>
> (including rivers and lakes)

My big hope would be that Microsoft comes up with an offer where they
upgrade your computer for you if you buy the game! :-)

John

June 15, 2005 2:02:03 AM

The Man Behind The Curtain (formerly The Lindbergh Baby) wrote:

> My big hope would be that Microsoft comes up with an offer where they
> upgrade your computer for you if you buy the game! :-)
>

> John

I hope I'm still alive when they finally have FS21 within a VR Hood.
Man, I could lay in bed and fly... or other such sport. :)

--

(Smiling) boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)