trouble with visontek 9200 as 2nd card

slug420

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2003
So this guy at work gave me a spare card. Visiontek 9200 256 PCI, said it was dead and that i might try to get it replaced under warranty and keep it.

I brought it home and put it in and took out my primary card (just in the process of loading SATA controller drivers and formatting new drives so i can install an OS so nothing really loaded right now) and it seemed to work fine (saw POST screen). I was thinking maybe its because im using DVI and he was using VGA...i dunno

at any rate I put my primary card back in the AGP slot (9800 pro AIW) booted back up and neither card displays anything (no post)

Is there some way I should have to set one card to "secondary" or something to get this to work? Or do I need to leave one card uninstalled until I get an OS running?

its possible the card is a dud afterall but when it is in not even my AGP card works...

any help is appreciated.

slug420

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2003
bump....anyone know why neither video card works when both are installed? im guessing some kind of IRQ conflict but i dont know how to tell if thats it or how to resolve it if possible.

would really like to run these 2 cards instead of springing for a dual dvi agp card that I add to the AGP stockpile once I upgrade to pci-e in the future