DVD R/W

When I copy onto the dvd, it finishes up write protected.
This seems to be an auto function. If so, how do I turn
it off? I have XP Home and XP Professional on the laptop.
Both give the same problem.Any Ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    "Lewy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I copy onto the dvd, it finishes up write protected.
    > This seems to be an auto function. If so, how do I turn
    > it off? I have XP Home and XP Professional on the laptop.
    > Both give the same problem.Any Ideas?
    DVD-R should be write protected.
    Jim

    i think files would always be write protected or labeled as read only when
    written to optical media.

    "Lewy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I copy onto the dvd, it finishes up write protected.
    > This seems to be an auto function. If so, how do I turn
    > it off? I have XP Home and XP Professional on the laptop.
    > Both give the same problem.Any Ideas?

Windows XP Microsoft DVD Writers