DVD R/W

September 4, 2004 1:50:43 PM

When I copy onto the dvd, it finishes up write protected.
This seems to be an auto function. If so, how do I turn
it off? I have XP Home and XP Professional on the laptop.
Both give the same problem.Any Ideas?

More about : dvd

September 4, 2004 10:09:10 PM

"Lewy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I copy onto the dvd, it finishes up write protected.
> This seems to be an auto function. If so, how do I turn
> it off? I have XP Home and XP Professional on the laptop.
> Both give the same problem.Any Ideas?
DVD-R should be write protected.
Jim
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 5:39:56 AM

i think files would always be write protected or labeled as read only when
written to optical media.

!