Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
I'm posting this here as well as in the general Mobo Forum.

I was having a problem lately with my systim hangin up at post. It would get as far as the "Asus" screen then hang up there. Being that I hadn't cleaned the suckah in a while I opened up the case and went at it "gently" with some copressed air. Booted it up downstairs with an old 14 inch monitor I keep for testing and everything went fine. Took it upstairs and booted it up and I get nada

The machine fires up, the fans whir on CPU, GPU etc. and the thing beeps like it's booting but I get NO graphic throughput at all. I tried reseating the graphics card (which I hadn't touched by the way) and nada. Tried an old card that I know works and nada.

There is a voice code talking at boot up but I can't tell what' the heck it's saying it's so garbled. I'm at wits end. Don't know what to try next. Should I try resetting the bios? Don't know how to do it if I'm getting no visual. My system is as follows.

Athlon FX 53
i GIG of OCZ Ram'
HIS X800 XT PE with Ice II Cooling.
Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo.
Latest bios and vid card drivers.

Thanks in advance...

Da Worfster

Cobragt88

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
refir to your mobo manual for cmos clear jumper, or go online and dl it. Or better yet pull out the battery go take a dump come back replace the battery fire the f@%ckr up. :twisted:

TabrisDarkPeace

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
Try turning off:

- Asus AI NOS dynamic CPU overclocking

- Set Asus PEG Link Mode to Slow (not Default, not Auto, but the slowest setting, which is only like -1% slower anyway :p) - Assuming PCIe x16 slots on board, if wrong look for AGP related settings instead. :p

- ATI GPUs do not always get along with Asus mainboards in the long run. ATI technical support are aware of the issue. The cause is that Asus tweak things that they shouldn't be touching on chipsets (industry standards) to win in benchmarks and boost their sales, it is not caused by the ATI VPU/GPU. As such I never recommend people pair ATI video cards with Asus systems.

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Gee, Maybe the old 14" monitor works, and that big expensive one upstairs don't.
No checked that. It works fine with other inputs and on my son's machine next door. I tried both DVI and D-sub with it and I get the same result. Works on other machine but no on mine. So it ain't the monitor.

Worfster

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Does it still work with the 14" downstairs? Or is it dead with that now as well?
No it's dead to that now as well. I went to the ASUS website and did a troubleshoot search, they suggest redoing the CMOS which I will do when I get home. question is.... should I just take out the battery or use the jumpers as they suggest?

Da Worfster

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Welp me and my compadre spent an hour working over the thing. Did everthing I was told to do by the boys as Asus, no luck. So out came the Hard drives and off to the computer shopt it goes in the morning. First time in a long time I couldn't get it done on my own, or with help from friends...

Sigh....

Da Worfster