Print quality varies

I have a PC, Windows XP, brand new Epson Stylus Photo R320 & a 6.1
megapix ditigal camera. Can anyone tell me why my pics printed
directly from the memory card are fantastic, but the same pics printed
from the computer are slightly sub-par??

On 8 Jan 2005 16:37:11 -0800, "Lorafitz" <lorafitz@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have a PC, Windows XP, brand new Epson Stylus Photo R320 & a 6.1
>megapix ditigal camera. Can anyone tell me why my pics printed
>directly from the memory card are fantastic, but the same pics printed
>from the computer are slightly sub-par??

Look at what program you're using to print with and whether you need
to do some resizing in the driver. Ideally, the printer and original
photo image resolutions are going to be identical so that you get a
1:1 print without conversion. Usually this isn't the case.

The algorithms employed by the print drivers are definitely not the
same as the printer/camera uses. They're usually good enough, but
you'll get some artifacts with some images. You might get higher
print quality by using the highest quality algorithm in a photo editor
program and convert the image to the same resolution as your printer
prior to printing. Some programs let you choose dpi and print size to
convert to so you don't have to guess on the final pixel resolution.

Can't say that this will for sure help, but see if doing that helps
with the image quality.

MCheu