Canon mp 780

Anyone have any information on the Canon mp 780 print / scan / copy
quality?

Compairison of the two below, besides some of the option diferences...
(Canon mp 780 has automatic document feeder and fax)
(Epson cx6600 has multi card reader)

Which has the better print / scan / copy quality?
Which has the better print / scan / copy speeds?
Which has cheaper ink costs?

Thanks,
Patrick
2 answers Last reply
More about canon

    PAC wrote:
    > Anyone have any information on the Canon mp 780 print / scan / copy
    > quality?
    >
    > Compairison of the two below, besides some of the option diferences...
    > (Canon mp 780 has automatic document feeder and fax)
    > (Epson cx6600 has multi card reader)
    >
    > Which has the better print / scan / copy quality?
    > Which has the better print / scan / copy speeds?
    > Which has cheaper ink costs?

    I have had an MP780 for about two months. It hasn't disappointed me
    yet. The copier works well (don't expect it to be a speed demon
    though), the fax is good, the black/color printing on plain paper is
    good, the scanner is great and it even prints photos very well. I have
    absolutely no complaints with it so far.

    I like having flat bed and sheet fed scanning capabilities. The
    supplied scanning software is good too. The automatic paper feed has
    worked flawlessly so far and can reliably handle up to 35 sheets. It
    will also print two-sided like the newer Canon desktop printers. It
    won't print on CD's though. The fax has the ability to intercept fax
    based calls and lets the answering machine still get voice calls. This
    eliminates the need for a dedicated fax line. Also, unless you are
    extremely demanding, the photo printing capability should be more than
    adequate. It's hard to tell the difference between it and the i9100
    photo prints. In some ways the MP780 is better since it has a 2
    picolitre droplet size verses the 4 picolitre of the i9100. Color
    quality goes to the i9100 since is has two photo ink cartridges in
    addition to the four main colors.

    Also, if you use compatible cartridges, the ink costs are about as low
    as you can get for a multifunction inkjet based unit. I can get 5 of
    the text printing cartridges (BCI-3eBk) sent to my door for less than
    $10 and that makes for black text printing about as cheap as a laser
    printer. I can replace all four color cartridges for less than $10 too.

    I can't say anything about the Epson unit you mentioned. I would guess
    the ink cost for this printer would be higher when compared to the
    Canon. I bought the Canon mainly because it had good
    features/capabilities and I knew from experience with the i9100 that ink
    costs would be extremely low.
  2. Quote:

    PAC wrote:
    > Anyone have any information on the Canon mp 780 print / scan / copy
    > quality?
    >
    > Compairison of the two below, besides some of the option diferences...
    > (Canon mp 780 has automatic document feeder and fax)
    > (Epson cx6600 has multi card reader)
    >
    > Which has the better print / scan / copy quality?
    > Which has the better print / scan / copy speeds?
    > Which has cheaper ink costs?

    I have had an MP780 for about two months. It hasn't disappointed me
    yet. The copier works well (don't expect it to be a speed demon
    though), the fax is good, the black/color printing on plain paper is
    good, the scanner is great and it even prints photos very well. I have
    absolutely no complaints with it so far.

    I like having flat bed and sheet fed scanning capabilities. The
    supplied scanning software is good too. The automatic paper feed has
    worked flawlessly so far and can reliably handle up to 35 sheets. It
    will also print two-sided like the newer Canon desktop printers. It
    won't print on CD's though. The fax has the ability to intercept fax
    based calls and lets the answering machine still get voice calls. This
    eliminates the need for a dedicated fax line. Also, unless you are
    extremely demanding, the photo printing capability should be more than
    adequate. It's hard to tell the difference between it and the i9100
    photo prints. In some ways the MP780 is better since it has a 2
    picolitre droplet size verses the 4 picolitre of the i9100. Color
    quality goes to the i9100 since is has two photo ink cartridges in
    addition to the four main colors.

    Also, if you use compatible cartridges, the ink costs are about as low
    as you can get for a multifunction inkjet based unit. I can get 5 of
    the text printing cartridges (BCI-3eBk) sent to my door for less than
    $10 and that makes for black text printing about as cheap as a laser
    printer. I can replace all four color cartridges for less than $10 too.

    I can't say anything about the Epson unit you mentioned. I would guess
    the ink cost for this printer would be higher when compared to the
    Canon. I bought the Canon mainly because it had good
    features/capabilities and I knew from experience with the i9100 that ink
    costs would be extremely low.

    Just a note: the mp780 DOES print on cds if you get a software tweak and a little tray. It actually has the chamber to insert the tray.

Printers Canon Peripherals