Sign in with
Your question

did I fry my system?

Last response: in Overclocking
March 23, 2006 10:59:47 AM

I recently cleared the CMOS on my athlon 2.8 xp/msi k7n-delta/1 gig ram system because it wouldn't boot (turned out it wouldn't boot with the ipod attached). Now its' been a long time before I've done anything with this system and I think I made a serious mistake... I set the FSB to 200 (for some reason I thought that's what it ran at). When the comp rebooted no screen came up/no beeps etc. Clearing the cmos doesn't seem to do anything, did I fry it?

More about : fry system

March 23, 2006 11:07:32 AM

Did you return CMOS jumper on his previous position?
March 23, 2006 11:44:58 AM

Yes I set teh cmos jumper back after I cleared it.
Related resources
March 23, 2006 11:53:38 AM

If your board dont have any protection then you probbably fry something :roll:

Now find someone who has system based on Socket A AMD, and he is
willing to blast his PC in milions pices to help you find what did you fry:) 

Start with CPU exchange.
March 23, 2006 12:26:43 PM

....check whether the video card or the memory slot is inserted properly..
you said this came with the ipod ..... was it usb attached?
March 23, 2006 12:37:29 PM

Yeah it was a usb attached ipod, once I unplugged it it worked fine. I don't think it could be the video card/memory being seated unproperly because I never took them out :? Oh well... I got 2 years out of that system... I wish I didn't wreck it doing something so stupid though..
March 23, 2006 12:41:06 PM

ok...usb sometimes does get stucked like your did :lol: 
you don`t have to take the expansion slots out to cause malfunction of this or bad connections...you can just simply move the case and cause this...
March 24, 2006 12:49:32 AM

Take the clock battery out with the computer off, sometimes the clearing thing fails, when taking the battery out works
March 24, 2006 1:28:15 AM

What is the EXACT name of CPU that you have?
!