Unauthorized homepage change

Tim

Does anyone know off hand how to prevent unauthorized homepage changes in
IE6? I got slammed awhile ago. It's happened only twice and both times
I've researched this but can't seem to find a solution. I'm sure I'm just
overlooking the obvious...

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 14:01:56 -0500, Tim wrote:

> Does anyone know off hand how to prevent unauthorized homepage changes in
> IE6? I got slammed awhile ago. It's happened only twice and both times
> I've researched this but can't seem to find a solution. I'm sure I'm just
> overlooking the obvious...

Some of the anti-spyware programs have settings that "lock" in your
internet settings including the home page. You have to remember to "unlock"
the feature when you want to change something. The extra steps can be a bit
annoying but the up side is that unauthorized changes will be blocked.
Spybot Search and Destroy is one of the programs that is capable of doing
this for you.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

"Tim" <reidmymind@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know off hand how to prevent unauthorized homepage changes in
> IE6? I got slammed awhile ago. It's happened only twice and both times
> I've researched this but can't seem to find a solution. I'm sure I'm just
> overlooking the obvious...

Spyware may be the problem here. Download and run the following Spyware
clean-up programs; the first three are free (One may ask for a
donation--your choice.):

adaware

spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

cwshredder http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

spyware blaster http://www.webattack.com/dlnow/rdir.dll?id=105693

hijackthis
http://computercops.biz/article-5199-nested-0-0.html

For some other useful removal tools

Also do a full virus scan.

What one doesn't get, the others should.

Malv