New Video Card fo FS

Hi all,
I have seen an ATI Radeon 9550 with 256Mb of RAM for what seems a good
price. Would it be a better card than my current Nvidia FX5700 with 128Mb
of RAM? I will be using it at 8x AGP.

Machine specs are as follows;
AMD 3000+, Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo @ 400mhz Front Side Bus, 1Gb 400mhz RAM,
120Gb SATA Hard Drive with 8Mb buffer, nVidia FX5700 128Mb @ 8xAGP, Sound
Blaster Audigy soundcard

Any help is very much appreciated :eek:)

--
Cheers,

Dave Rollinson

www.daves737.co.uk

i would recommend the nVidia 6800GT Golden Sample do a very good version of
this with fast clock speeds and of 256mb on board memory

--
Do you want to join a freelance design team? Can you code or design? Want to
join a team who is strict on Web standards complacency?

"Dave Rollinson" <mr_rolfi@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have seen an ATI Radeon 9550 with 256Mb of RAM for what seems a good
> price. Would it be a better card than my current Nvidia FX5700 with 128Mb
> of RAM? I will be using it at 8x AGP.
>
> Machine specs are as follows;
> AMD 3000+, Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo @ 400mhz Front Side Bus, 1Gb 400mhz RAM,
> 120Gb SATA Hard Drive with 8Mb buffer, nVidia FX5700 128Mb @ 8xAGP, Sound
> Blaster Audigy soundcard
>
> Any help is very much appreciated :eek:)
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Dave Rollinson
>
> www.daves737.co.uk

Hi there,
somebody else has advised me to do this. I will skip the 9550 and look at
this instead. Many thanks for your help,

--
Cheers,

Dave Rollinson

www.daves737.co.uk

"Chris Harries" <chrisflyer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>i would recommend the nVidia 6800GT Golden Sample do a very good version of
>this with fast clock speeds and of 256mb on board memory
>
> --
> Do you want to join a freelance design team? Can you code or design? Want
> to join a team who is strict on Web standards complacency?
> E-mail chrisharries AT gmail DOT com
> --
>
> "Dave Rollinson" <mr_rolfi@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> I have seen an ATI Radeon 9550 with 256Mb of RAM for what seems a good
>> price. Would it be a better card than my current Nvidia FX5700 with
>> 128Mb of RAM? I will be using it at 8x AGP.
>>
>> Machine specs are as follows;
>> AMD 3000+, Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo @ 400mhz Front Side Bus, 1Gb 400mhz
>> RAM, 120Gb SATA Hard Drive with 8Mb buffer, nVidia FX5700 128Mb @ 8xAGP,
>> Sound Blaster Audigy soundcard
>>
>> Any help is very much appreciated :eek:)
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Dave Rollinson
>>
>> www.daves737.co.uk

Oops,
sorry, it was the gf 6 6600. the 6800 gt is way too much for me. i will
see if fs10 is pci-ex and spend a bunch then. This card is for a litlle
stop gap :eek:)

--

"CH" == "Chris Harries" writes:

CH> i would recommend the nVidia 6800GT Golden Sample do a very good
CH> version of this with fast clock speeds and of 256mb on board
CH> memory
CH>
CH> --
CH> Do you want to join a freelance design team? Can you code or design? Want to
CH> join a team who is strict on Web standards complacency?
CH> E-mail chrisharries AT gmail DOT com
CH> --
CH>
CH> "Dave Rollinson" <mr_rolfi@btinternet.com> wrote in message
CH> > Hi all,
CH> > I have seen an ATI Radeon 9550 with 256Mb of RAM for what seems a good
CH> > price. Would it be a better card than my current Nvidia FX5700 with 128Mb
CH> > of RAM? I will be using it at 8x AGP.
CH> >
CH> > Machine specs are as follows;
CH> > AMD 3000+, Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo @ 400mhz Front Side Bus, 1Gb 400mhz RAM,
CH> > 120Gb SATA Hard Drive with 8Mb buffer, nVidia FX5700 128Mb @ 8xAGP, Sound
CH> > Blaster Audigy soundcard
CH> >
CH> > Any help is very much appreciated :eek:)

Thanks!

I was just about to ask the same question.

But I would like to ask a bit here anyway.

I have a Gigabyte mo-bo. 800 FSB 512 Meg DDR ram.

P4 2.8 G HT

GForce 5600 Gfx card with maybe some letters after it.

The system is strating to show its age.

A 6600GT card has my attention.

But looking, the prices vary so much!

From $250 - $500 (AU)

Different brands, different prices.

Is there any "prefered" make?

Would it be better I get a gigabyte gfx card?

Thanks much in advance.

--
========
Thanks.....

Jarod

In article <W1.R1.kb2W7IIw1acCIYe.NR@zeta.org.au>,
dog_kennel_alias@zeta.org.au says...
> Different brands, different prices.
>
> Is there any "prefered" make?
>
> Would it be better I get a gigabyte gfx card?

My experience is that MSFS is very undemanding as far as video cards go.
Using an expensive high-end card makes very little difference (unlike a
lot of the first-person shooter games with yummy graphics, where it
*does* matter a lot).

I'd look at a mid-range video card, and spend my money on the fastest
CPU, disk, and memory (eg. CMS ultra low latency 2-2-2-5 memory) that I
could find. That's what MSFS stresses.

/Chris T