Sign in with
Your question

Playing Medal of Honor Pacific

Tags:
  • Video Games
  • Product
Last response: in Video Games
May 23, 2005 12:25:16 AM

I am having trouble playing Medal of honor Pacific. I have played Wolfenstien, and other games . It will skip and lag and catch up can't get any realistic playing.Wolf even skipped alittle. Any Ideas. Below is the specs. Bruce
XP Home
MSI K7N2 Delta-IL SR
512 2700 DDR Kingston
120 Gig Maxtor 7200rpm SATA
Promise Controller SATA 150
Liteon 52x CD
AMD 2800 barton
Liteon CDRW/DVD 48
EVGA FX 5200 LE 128
1.44 floppy
Antec case 350 watt

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

More about : playing medal honor pacific

May 23, 2005 12:59:40 AM

Uninstall it, and forget about that poorly coded, resource hogging, piece of rubbish. I don't recall off hand who developed PAC ASS, but I can say for certain that it wasn't 2015/Infinity Ward (who later on did Call of Duty). It doesn't get any better than COD: United Offensive IMO.

<b><font color=blue>Athlon64 3200+ Winchester/MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI/MSI 6800 Ultra/1 GB Kingston HyperX/74GB WD Raptor/600Watt Enermax</b></font color=blue>
May 23, 2005 8:18:13 AM

You have the gaming power of a calculator in your pc.

You need 1gb of ram really nowadays.

BUT MAINLY:

You need a better GFX card. That 5200 is utter and complete pants and is NOT a gaming card. The problem really is recommending a replacement.

I would recommend a 9800pro but there are prolly other equivalents from the new gen of cards that would be more suitable.

Essentially tho your computer is not up to the job. Upgrade or get yourself a console.

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"
Related resources
May 24, 2005 3:05:28 AM

Calculator, LOL.

Yeah, it's about as demanding as a game gets. 512MB ram is the minimum spec, while 1GB helps alot. And most importantly, the FX5200le doesn't have a prayer in that game. I agree with you. The XP2800+ is ok, but more ram and a much better video card is a must for MOHPA and sure would make farcry and other games much better too.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=658042" target="_new">3DMark05</A> <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3781954" target="_new">3DMark03</A>
May 24, 2005 1:12:07 PM

Ouch. A calculator??

What's mine then??haha

AMD 1800+
1.5B DDR333
MSI Geforce4 ti4200
ATA133 WD 80GB
MSI KT7 somethingsomething mobo.

Once a worthwhile game comes out, I'm jumping up to something better.

But I really haven't found a game that makes me want to upgrade.. I think the last game that caused me to upgrade was.. BF1942..
May 24, 2005 2:13:08 PM

Jeez.... Your playing games on that? :o )

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"
May 24, 2005 6:16:02 PM

haha yeah I know.. I priced out my new computer today.. I don't play games that often.. maybe 1-2 hours a week.
I spent my time outside enjoying my new sportbike, paintball stuff, new gas hog truck, with my girlfriend, etc. :)  haha

My new computer will be the following:

AMD64 3400+ (754- Clawhammer)
MSI K8N-FSR
2GB DDR400 (2x1GB)
MSI GeForce 6600 256MB
Antec 5x0W PS

I'll pick up 2 SATA 80GB at some point though.

Now, I know there is newer stuff out there.. but I'm not going to shell out an extra 400-500 dollars just to get the latest PCI-e, motherboard, and CPU.

Considering I have this entire computer priced out and ready to buy for $545. Can't go wrong eh?

Besides, I'll upgrade again in a year or so.. I figure the computer I'm building will play BF2 with ease.
May 25, 2005 7:57:54 AM

What's this "outside" you speak off????

And would u not spend a decent amount now and not have to upgrade in a year?

Also would u not leave it at a gig of ram and spend a little more on a 6800 or poss even GT? If you buy a decent gfx card you can carry it through upgrades.

May 25, 2005 9:25:24 PM

Hey Riser,
Are you seriously considering a 754 socket setup? Why?

<b><font color=blue>Athlon64 3200+ Winchester/MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI/MSI 6800 Ultra/1 GB Kingston HyperX (Dual Channel)/74GB WD Raptor/600Watt Enermax Noisetaker/ Dual Mitsubishi 21 Inch Monitors</b></font color=blue>
May 26, 2005 9:18:32 AM

I figured cost was why he was doing it.

May 26, 2005 2:12:47 PM

I don't really play too many games on it.. I do more administration stuff.. occasionally I play games. I don't really need the latest and greatest stuff.. just enough to make the game run really good.. I've seen the performance of the latest cards.. and while yeah, in benchmarks you see a jump.. in the game you don't really see a difference.

I was looking at the socket 754 based on availablity of stuff, etc. It's a cheap 64bit computer.

My main thing that I'm looking at is in a year.. PCIe will come out heavier, be cheaper, 64bit is going to tweaked, sockets might change (amd has been a pro at sticking with their first socket designs) etc.

Regardless, the way I see it.. everyone who has been rushing to upgrade over the past 3-5 months.. you're going to get caught in a big upgrade mess in a year.

With the system I priced out.. under 500 dollars will give me a descent computer that will play any of the current and future games, etc.

I look at it this way.. I buy my parts based on the pricing/performance.. there is always that big jump in price when you go a step higher.. that's where I stop.
I can buy the AMD 3400+ for around 80-90 dollars. I can get the 3400+ 939 for like 150-160.. I'll just wait :) 

Now.. I do have a question for everyone who has all this latest hardware..

Do you guys spend all your money to upgrade to all this stuff just to play games or are you doing other stuff with your computers too?

I'm a network analyst for my job.. I do a lot of network admin stuff.. so I'm mainly just testing stuff out, running mid-range apps that require more memory than processing power, etc.

Right now the only games I'm playing:

America's Army v2.4
X-com

I demo'd Brothers In Arms and Empire Earth II..

Those didn't have a problem running on my current computer.. but it wasn't top-notch.. but I don't really need all that.
May 26, 2005 2:18:04 PM

Aside from my last post.. cost. a little bit, but for another 200-300 dollars I could probably upgrade to most of the better stuff.

I just bought a new truck, new sportbike, and I'm working on buying a house, which all costs money.

I can't justify spending the money on a high-end computer since I don't play games enough. I really haven't found any games that have kept my interest. I don't have the time for an MMORPG.. I haven't seen a good RTS game come out lately.. FPS are all the same.. but BF2 is going to be the game that I'll upgrade for. I have until August to build my new PC.. and with summer, prices should be coming down a lot, especially with the release of the new consoles coming up.
May 26, 2005 3:21:22 PM

I got my 939 board because it was clearly the most future proof motherboard out of the whole lot. buying a socket 754 board at this time is a bad move. First of all, there is no price difference between the CPU's. The 939 mobo's are about 20-30 dollars more on average, which is a small price to pay for a mobo that will support dual core cpu's into the future. The 754 boards will not support the dual core processors. 754 is on the way out as it is, I sure wouldn't want to buy a mobo that clearly has no future. Do a little research riser, and you will see the light brother! Ahmen!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

<b><font color=blue>Athlon64 3200+ Winchester/MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI/MSI 6800 Ultra/1 GB Kingston HyperX (Dual Channel)/74GB WD Raptor/600Watt Enermax Noisetaker/ Dual Mitsubishi 21 Inch Monitors</b></font color=blue>
May 26, 2005 3:32:57 PM

I did the research.. I can pick up a processor for 50 dollars less.. While I know in building that computer it's going out the door.. but it'll do what I need it for and then I'll have myself yet another spare computer for what I need.
While I don't care to upgrade all that often, normally I'll just buy a whole new computer because I don't want the spare parts and I can always use extra computers.

Newegg isn't the best place to get pricing on processors.. If you have access as a reseller, you'll find you can get big discounts on items.

But I have until August to build my new computer.. I'll keep watching.. I'm really just waiting to the hardware to work out where it's going right now.
May 26, 2005 7:36:18 PM

So what's this seller that has 'em 50 dollars less than Newegg? I would really appreciate the info.

!
Consequently