Deleting Annoying Folders

Is there any way to permanently delete the "My Documents"
folder that windows has created? I would also like to
permanently delete the "Shared Documents" and the other
folder that windows creates with your name on it.

I keep deleting the "My Documents" folder and it keeps
coming back. The other two folders can't be deleted
according to the windows message. I already have a "My
Documents" folder that I created in the "C" drive where I
like it.

Any suggestions - thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about deleting annoying folders

    One cannot delete Windows XP system folders. If you wish to
    remove the "My Documents" icon from your Desktop, then
    right-click on the Desktop and select Properties > Desktop >
    Customize Desktop. Then uncheck the box next to the
    "My Documents" icon and click OK and Apply.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:34:55 -0700, Snip wrote:

    > Is there any way to permanently delete the "My Documents"
    > folder that windows has created? I would also like to
    > permanently delete the "Shared Documents" and the other
    > folder that windows creates with your name on it.
    >
    > I keep deleting the "My Documents" folder and it keeps
    > coming back. The other two folders can't be deleted
    > according to the windows message. I already have a "My
    > Documents" folder that I created in the "C" drive where I
    > like it.
    >
    > Any suggestions - thanks

    Snip, I keep all of my documents in I:\MyDocs. By right clicking the My
    Documents shortcut, selecting Properties and redirecting the shortcut to
    that folder. Works well. Anything that defaults to "My Documents" will end
    up in the folder that I've created. Double-clicking My Documents shows the
    contents of the folder as well.

    The original "My Documents" folder still exists under Documents and
    Settings. Since it is now empty, I just ignore it.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    :
    : I keep deleting the "My Documents" folder and it keeps
    : coming back. The other two folders can't be deleted
    : according to the windows message. I already have a "My
    : Documents" folder that I created in the "C" drive where I
    : like it.
    :
    : Any suggestions - thanks
    Those folders are used often by windows and third party software. There
    are ways to move them but if you plan on re-designing windows you may
    want to discover Google and MS Help and support. "Windows XP Annoyances"
    is a good book.
    TonyS

My Documents Microsoft Windows XP