Ipaq 2210 memory card capacity

October 10, 2004 4:04:55 AM

Hi,

Anyone know what capacity memory cards (both SD and CF) the 2210 can handle?

Si.
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 4:04:56 AM

I don't think you can buy one it won't handle. You do want to be aware that
there are some programs that like to scan 'drives' for files when you reset
or open them, so a huge card can slow down some things. Some of that can be
fixed by having a My Documents directory on the card and removing the
ignore-my-docs file. Some apps let you limit their search to just folders
you define, too.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Si" <si@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Anyone know what capacity memory cards (both SD and CF) the 2210 can
handle?

> Si.

Anonymous
October 10, 2004 5:35:16 AM

In article <ck9qib$881$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>, Si says...
> Hi,
>
> Anyone know what capacity memory cards (both SD and CF) the 2210 can handle?

Running a Kingston 512MB SD card here.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.
Related resources
October 10, 2004 1:13:01 PM

"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <ck9qib$881$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>, Si says...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone know what capacity memory cards (both SD and CF) the 2210 can
handle?

> Running a Kingston 512MB SD card here.
>

> --
> Conor
>
> Opinions personal, facts suspect.

Thanks Conor - looks like we read the same groups ;-)

Si.
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 3:29:41 PM

"Si" <si@nospamforme.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > > Anyone know what capacity memory cards (both SD and CF) the 2210 can
> handle?

> > Running a Kingston 512MB SD card here.

> Thanks Conor - looks like we read the same groups ;-)

Dane-Elec 1 Gb works fine.

-= Ina=-
October 10, 2004 3:29:42 PM

"Ina Sterk" <gcwsterk@home.nl> wrote in message
> "Si" <si@nospamforme.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > handle?
>
> > > Running a Kingston 512MB SD card here.
>
> > Thanks Conor - looks like we read the same groups ;-)
>
> Dane-Elec 1 Gb works fine.
>
> -= Ina=-

Next question, can you copy seamlessly from a CF to an SD if both are
installed?

Si.
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 4:59:54 PM

In article <ckb064$sgd$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, Si says...

> "Ina Sterk" <gcwsterk@home.nl> wrote in message
> > "Si" <si@nospamforme.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > > handle?

> > > Thanks Conor - looks like we read the same groups ;-)
> >
> > Dane-Elec 1 Gb works fine.
> >
> > -= Ina=-
> >

> Next question, can you copy seamlessly from a CF to an SD if both are
> installed?

Yes but its bloody slow so you're better getting a USB Card reader.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.
October 10, 2004 5:16:02 PM

> In article <ckb064$sgd$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, Si says...
> >
> > "Ina Sterk" <gcwsterk@home.nl> wrote in message
> > > "Si" <si@nospamforme.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > > Dane-Elec 1 Gb works fine.
> > >
> > > -= Ina=-
> > >

> > Next question, can you copy seamlessly from a CF to an SD if both are
> > installed?
> >
> Yes but its bloody slow so you're better getting a USB Card reader.
>
> --

Already got a USB2 reader. The reason I ask is that I'm a photographer. One
of my intended uses would be as a portable viewer/back up device.

In theory, whilst on the road I could back up my CFs to SD.....and be able
to view the images too. Once back in the office, I could put the SD card in
the reader and copy to PC.

Si.
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 5:38:36 PM

"Si" <si@nospamforme.com> wrote in news:ckb8ss$ii4$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk:

> Already got a USB2 reader. The reason I ask is that I'm a photographer.
One
> of my intended uses would be as a portable viewer/back up device.
>
> In theory, whilst on the road I could back up my CFs to SD.....and be
able
> to view the images too. Once back in the office, I could put the SD
card in
> the reader and copy to PC.

I used the 2210 for a similar reason, but just the other way around: use
the CF card in the 2210 as a backup for the SD cards of my cam. Works
fine, without any problem at all.

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I'm only human too)
October 16, 2004 10:50:57 PM

"SoftSpot" <softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Si" <si@nospamforme.com> wrote in news:ckb8ss$ii4$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk:
>

> > Already got a USB2 reader. The reason I ask is that I'm a photographer.
> One
> > of my intended uses would be as a portable viewer/back up device.
> >
> > In theory, whilst on the road I could back up my CFs to SD.....and be
> able
> > to view the images too. Once back in the office, I could put the SD
> card in
> > the reader and copy to PC.
> >

> I used the 2210 for a similar reason, but just the other way around: use
> the CF card in the 2210 as a backup for the SD cards of my cam. Works
> fine, without any problem at all.

And the images displayed fine on the Ipaq - what megapixel count?

Si.
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 7:34:09 AM

>> I used the 2210 for a similar reason, but just the other way around:
use
>> the CF card in the 2210 as a backup for the SD cards of my cam. Works
>> fine, without any problem at all.
>>

> And the images displayed fine on the Ipaq - what megapixel count?
>
> Si.

My cam is a 4 MPix cam and the 2210 serves good as a previewdevice with
extensive zoom-capabilities.
Of course for good viewing a standrad-size monitor is better, but for
fieldwork it is sufficient and very handy.

--

!