Graphics budget build

Whats the best components I can get to build a a machine for $800USD? It'll be used by A graphic artist
2 answers Last reply
More about graphics budget build
  1. As 2d graphics art work is not very graphics card intensive, probably just about any ATI or Nvidia graphics card in the $100 range or so will do, preferably PCI-e to match a new socket 939 NF4 mainboard....

You could get an MSI K8N Neo4 (under $90), and perhaps a dual core X2-3800+($295) or Opteron 165 processor, 2 ea. 1gb sticks of PC3200 ($200), a case with a 450 watt PS ($100), and a Western Digital or Seagate SATA hard disk in the 200GB range ($95), preferably with a 16 m cache size....

The parts listed will run roughly $800, but that asumes you already have an operating system to install, and a monitor and keyboard/mouse...

(If forced to make a cut somewhere due to budgetary constraints, you could opt instead for a single core cpu, a 3500+ for roughly $200 is quite snappy and nice..!)
  2. I'd go with a Dual-Core processor with a LOT OF RAM. I've taken a Graphic Design course at my school, and so I know you guys use a lot of Photoshop and InDesign. Those programs eat up RAM, so get 2GB. You can go with a cheap $100-$150 Video Card. Get a fat HD to store all those designs you've made too. :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Build Components Graphics Systems