near miss FL330

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 12, 2005 2:46:31 PM

The following shot was taken just SSW of Norfolk VA heading 030 on a
trip up to New England from North Carolina. It appears a 777 AI is
streaking towards the flight. I saw it break the visual 10 or 11nm AI
zone and then ATC gave advisory. Just barely replied and this guy blew
past my PORT side at a fantastic clip!! Littl' FO Mocavich {4y/o,
pronounced Mu-cave-itch} saw the incident. It was a big WOW!!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/near-miss.jpg (102k)

Camera is shifted slightly left of flightpath boresight. Now why would
a triple 7 be heading directly at us form that direction just south of
the Chesapeake Bay?? hmm?

-G

More about : miss fl330

June 12, 2005 8:02:10 PM

Gregory wrote:
> The following shot was taken just SSW of Norfolk VA heading 030 on a
> trip up to New England from North Carolina. It appears a 777 AI is
> streaking towards the flight. I saw it break the visual 10 or 11nm AI
> zone and then ATC gave advisory. Just barely replied and this guy blew
> past my PORT side at a fantastic clip!! Littl' FO Mocavich {4y/o,
> pronounced Mu-cave-itch} saw the incident. It was a big WOW!!
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/near-miss.jpg (102k)
>

> Camera is shifted slightly left of flightpath boresight. Now why would
> a triple 7 be heading directly at us form that direction just south of
> the Chesapeake Bay?? hmm?
>
> -G

Just as well it's only a sim...IRL the flight attendants would probably be
having to do CPR on the flight deck crew after that!

Tim
June 12, 2005 8:41:55 PM

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 16:02:10 GMT, "Tim" <void@invalidemail.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Gregory wrote:
>> The following shot was taken just SSW of Norfolk VA heading 030 on a
>> trip up to New England from North Carolina. It appears a 777 AI is
>> streaking towards the flight. I saw it break the visual 10 or 11nm AI
>> zone and then ATC gave advisory. Just barely replied and this guy blew
>> past my PORT side at a fantastic clip!! Littl' FO Mocavich {4y/o,
>> pronounced Mu-cave-itch} saw the incident. It was a big WOW!!
>>
>> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/near-miss.jpg (102k)
>>

>> Camera is shifted slightly left of flightpath boresight. Now why would
>> a triple 7 be heading directly at us form that direction just south of
>> the Chesapeake Bay?? hmm?
>>
>> -G
>
>Just as well it's only a sim...IRL the flight attendants would probably be
>having to do CPR on the flight deck crew after that!
>
>Tim

It was pretty exciting.. me and `Kevich were woopin' and shrieking!!
Was possibly the closest `miss' that I've even seen all in the years
of Simming. Would that be anything like an oncoming truck effect on
a two-lane highway for instance?

-G
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 12, 2005 10:20:47 PM

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:20:46 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

>"Gregory"
>> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/near-miss.jpg (102k)
>
>Sorta blows the "Big sky theory" all to hell.
>
>Dallas

big sky theory?

I'm mean we were shrieking all right!! here's a 1:1 scale reduced to
256-color palette view looking 10 - 11 o'clock out the left seat..

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/miss1-1.gif (37k)

-Gregory
June 12, 2005 10:51:35 PM

TCAS is your friend.

> "Gregory"
> > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/near-miss.jpg (102k)
>
> Sorta blows the "Big sky theory" all to hell.
>
> Dallas

June 13, 2005 7:09:19 AM

"Gregory"
> Was possibly the closest `miss' that I've even seen all in the years
> of Simming.

I recall simming my little Cessna legally under the class B airspace
approaches to KDFW. Suddenly a big "whoosh". Looking out the side window I
could see that a 737 either hit me or just missed me. Then FS9's ATC came
on and said, "Traffic Alert!".... Thanks.

Dallas
June 13, 2005 7:12:08 AM

"Gregory"
> here's a 1:1 scale reduced to
> 256-color palette view looking 10 - 11 o'clock out the left seat..

We want a spreadsheet with vector calculations of the incident.

<G>

Dallas
June 13, 2005 11:13:03 PM

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 03:12:08 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

>"Gregory"
>> here's a 1:1 scale reduced to
>> 256-color palette view looking 10 - 11 o'clock out the left seat..
>
>We want a spreadsheet with vector calculations of the incident.
>
><G>
>
>Dallas

would you settle for a Pontiac GTO production spreadsheet? ;}

Year Hardtop Convertible Total

1964 25,806 6,644 32,450
1965 64,041 11,311 75,352
1966 84,148 12,798 96,946