Epson 2200 and Linksys wireless Print Server

I have the Linksys WPS54GU2 Print Server (USB 2.0 and Parallel Port
server). If anyone has managed to get this printer seen by the print
server I would apreciate if you post how you did it. No matter what I
try I cannot get the Print Server to see it. I have a HP 2200 LaserJet
and that works great.

I know people have got this printer working with the Linksys server.
Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about epson 2200 linksys wireless print server

    I managed to get it to print. BUT, the application that tells you how much
    ink is left in the cartridges no longer worked. I called Epson about this
    and they told me that this application will not work over a printserver.

    Since then, I placed my old HP LaserJet II printer on the Linksys WPS54GU2
    Print Server. Now I can't get this one to work at all.
    This printserver stuff is harder to implement then it seems it should be.

    Dave

    "David DeBar" <porkdebarparts@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I managed to get it to print. BUT, the application that tells you how
    much
    > ink is left in the cartridges no longer worked.

    > I called Epson about this and they told me that this application will not
    work over a printserver.

    Thats a common with printer servers. Do/can any support a back channel
    really well?

    I had a look the linksys web site for this product and it took ages to find
    where this is mentioned. The only place I could see it is page 55 of the
    User Guide "Appendix C: About Bi-Directional Printing". See if their
    "Bi-Admin management utility software packaged with the PrintServer"
    (chapter 7 = page 26) will do anything for you.

    > Since then, I placed my old HP LaserJet II printer on the Linksys WPS54GU2
    > Print Server. Now I can't get this one to work at all.
    > This printserver stuff is harder to implement then it seems it should be.

    I couldn't see a list of "supported printers" on the Linksys web site. Did
    you find one?

    Colin

Printers Servers Linksys Peripherals