Computer won't boot Windows!

jwhicks727

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
My computer won't boot into Windows. It starts, shows the startup screen, then shows some diagnostics, prints "Verifying DMI Pool Data" and "Backup CMOS OK!" and then goes right back to the startup screen and repeats ad infinitum.

This happened after I opened my case last night to look at something. I did two things while the case was open: reconnect a fan that had come unconnected, and move my DVD drive to a lower slot so that the cord didn't stretch quite as much (this was what had pulled the fan's power connecter out). After I restarted the computer, the above problem started happening.

I assumed I had dislodged a power connector or something, so I've gone over all the connectors, disconnecting and reconnecting them, and the problem still repeats. One interesting thing is sometimes it lasts only to the "Verifying DMI Pool Data" dialogue, and others it goes as far as "Backup CMOS OK!" so it's not exactly the same every time. This led me to believe it might be a heat issue or something, but all fans are running properly... I have also tried clearing BIOS and disconnecting the DVD drive, and the problem still occurs.

Any ideas?