rmthompson

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
Ok I just set up my new speakers, just some basic 4.1 from CA.

I also just installed a new Sound Blaster Audigy pci soundcard.

The bass on this set is WAY too high, so I click the sound properties, advanced, and find out that my Bass Treble controls are disabled?

Cany anyone help me!?

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
That's generally set up for the onboard sound card, in the abscence of installing Creative's EAX Console/Audigy drivers. So I would suggest doing that if you want to change the treble/bass settings. I suspect it isn't any *setting* but just your speakers which have a upper bass spike.

rmthompson

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
That's generally set up for the onboard sound card, in the abscence of installing Creative's EAX Console/Audigy drivers. So I would suggest doing that if you want to change the treble/bass settings. I suspect it isn't any *setting* but just your speakers which have a upper bass spike.

yah its pretty bassy. They are Cyber Acoustics 4400 4.1 speaker set... I wonder why there is no Audigy control panel for these settings...

rmthompson

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
Try looking the actual installation folder. Program Files, Creative, and fire up the EAX console.

I did a clean install from the cd, and I got the control center now, with the equalizer I was looking for!

I mustve used the Windows Utility to install, and it skipped over all of that goodness..

Oh - still doesnt sound that great... the speakers are WAY to loud and bassy even on low settings it seems...

Oh well, it does sound great when I play games... as long as the wife isnt around to yell about the gunfire!

Im sure it will sound better when I get the left front speaker fixed. It keeps going in and out...