Cisco 3005 Concentrator + DLink 804HV Router

ginger

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco,comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

Hi all,

hows this for a question :eek:)

I work for a company that has purchased a 3005 concentrator and wants to
roll out cheap VPN routers to it's home workers rather than the expensive
Cisco 83x range. So I was wondering if :

A) Has anyone setup a VPN tunnel between the two?

B) If so how do I do it please.

Thanks

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco,comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

Ginger,

You may wish to investigate the D-Link DI-804HV Web Configurator for
VPN:

http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di804hv/

as well as DI-804HV Support Documentation:

http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DI%2D804HV

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

"www.BradReese.Com" <Reese@BradReese.Com> wrote in message
> Ginger,
>
> You may wish to investigate the D-Link DI-804HV Web Configurator for
> VPN:
>
> http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di804hv/
>
> as well as DI-804HV Support Documentation:
>
> http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DI%2D804HV
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Brad Reese
> BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts
> 1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
> Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
> U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
> International: 828-277-7272
> Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

Hi Brad,

thanks for this advice but I must be a thickie cos I couldn't get the 804HV
to connect to the 3000 Concentrator :(

Any other pointers?

Thanks

Private

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2004

Ginger wrote:
> "www.BradReese.Com" <Reese@BradReese.Com> wrote in message
>
>>Ginger,
>>
>>You may wish to investigate the D-Link DI-804HV Web Configurator for
>>VPN:
>>
>>http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di804hv/
>>
>>as well as DI-804HV Support Documentation:
>>
>>http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DI%2D804HV
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>
>>Brad Reese
>>BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts
>>1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
>>Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
>>U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
>>International: 828-277-7272
>>Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm
>>

> Hi Brad,
>
> thanks for this advice but I must be a thickie cos I couldn't get the 804HV
> to connect to the 3000 Concentrator :(
>
> Any other pointers?
>
> Thanks

What have you tried so far? Have you defined the Dlink as a remote peer
and correctly configured the IPSEC parameters on both ends? I am not
familiar with a Dlink but a Site to Site vpn should not be that big of a
challenge to get going. Copy and paste the Dlink configuration and we
can most likely guide you in the right direction on the Cisco VPN 3005.

TRENDING THREADS