kowal

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I keep getting the following bsod about 1 in every 5 times i boot up.

"a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer

disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing"

I have tried several things including updating bios to the latest 1.60

hopefuly some of you onions can help me out.
thanks

Athlon 64 (3700)
Asrock 939 dual sata2
1 gig pc 3200 "patriot" 2-3-2-5
MSI 6600 gt (128 mb)
Liteon dvd-+rw 16X DL
Liteon dvd-+rw 4X
audigy 2 platinum
WD 120 Gig ......samsung 120 gig sata slave..WD 320 gig
AG Neovo 19' widescreen

steveosazninvazn

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Honestly, since you've already flashed your BIOS, I'd just try and update drivers on all the essential components of your computer. If the problem still continues, I'd say its time for a reformat of your drive. Just save up all your important stuff and pop in your Windows XP install disk and go right on ahead.

EllisD420

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
How old is the board? New?
What are the temperature readings in your BIOS? and in Windows?
So this was happening before you updated your bios?
Have you overclocked anything?
Have you changed any of the settings in your BIOS?
At what point do you get the BSOD? (windows boot up, after login?)

Ive been running this board for over 6 months now, and i can say that i have never seen that error.

If everything is at stock (cpu speed, ram) and you are getting any error at all, its obviously not a good sign, so you might want to think about RMA'ing that board. Looking at the specs, i dont see anything that out of whack so you should have no problems.

I cant think of anything off hand that would cause problems...you should have a pretty kickin system there. After you answer those questions, i might have an idea on stuff to try...but until then...good luck.

kowal

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I seem to have narrowed down the problem..........Thanks to "acronis true image" I made a fresh disc image when i 1st installed XP..........seems as though it was one of two programs....either "Hamachi" its online networking software or speedfan...........think its Hamachi

kowal

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
yes hamachi.........it is a online private networking program.....
http://www.hamachi.cc/
see the link above...........no crashes so far

TRENDING THREADS