Andrew

Running XP Pro SP2

When I set "show hidden files and folders" the option gets set for every
folder, not just the one I'm in.
How can I stop this behaviour? Using "Restore Defaults" hasn't fixed it.

TIA
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

This option is a per user option rather than a per folder one, I'm afraid.
If you click the 'Do not show hidden files & folders' option then this will
hide all of them - or should do!

I hope this answers your query - if not actually solving your problem.

Regards,

Jason

"Andrew" wrote:

> Running XP Pro SP2
>
> When I set "show hidden files and folders" the option gets set for every
> folder, not just the one I'm in.
> How can I stop this behaviour? Using "Restore Defaults" hasn't fixed it.
>
> TIA
> Andrew

Andrew

Thanks.

"Jason G" <msft-ngroups@zz9.biz> wrote in message
> Hi Andrew,
>
> This option is a per user option rather than a per folder one, I'm afraid.
> If you click the 'Do not show hidden files & folders' option then this
> will
> hide all of them - or should do!
>
> I hope this answers your query - if not actually solving your problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jason
>

> "Andrew" wrote:
>
>> Running XP Pro SP2
>>
>> When I set "show hidden files and folders" the option gets set for every
>> folder, not just the one I'm in.
>> How can I stop this behaviour? Using "Restore Defaults" hasn't fixed it.
>>
>> TIA
>> Andrew

You're welcome.