Can I get rid of the bass/treble controls in the Xp mixer

imperfectcircle25

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Ok I installed an X-fi in a computer i am building for a buddy who watches alot of movies and games and stuff, and I have one question. I noticed that even with the Xfi installed the windows mixer still has controll over the sound, can I disable this and just use the Creatives mixer and bass treble controls?? I dont want to have the sound go through two seperate mixers if I dont have to. If I cant disable it, what setting on the bass/treble controls would be the "flat" setting, both in the middle or both all the way down??
thanks

sturm

Splendid
Try this experiment.
Change the bass in the x-fi utility to full. Then check the windows setting. Did it move also? Sometimes the add-on programs also change the windows settings.
If the windows setting doesnt change then just set both sliders in the middle and dont worry about using them at all. Just tell your buddy to use the x-fi utility to adjust the sound.
I dont know of anyway to disable the windows adjustments.
Just dont use them is the best I can tell ya.

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
There should be a setting under speaker type selection on the EAX control panel (5.1, 4.1, 2.1, etc) to "coorespond with Windows panel" or something like that. This should link them up.