Decent Speakers - need recommondation

OK I bought a pretty crappy set of 4.1 Cyber Acoustic 400 speakers. The left front is broken so I am getting an RMA . . .

So I need a new set, around 40 dollars shipped. I dont care if they are just 2.1 or a really nice set of just 2... I've decided with my setup, 4.1/5.1 or above is just stupid.

The thing I am more interested in is controls. I would LOVE to have the ability to plug in a headset from one of the front speakers, and/or a bass treble control on the set, especially one with a subwoofer.

Any ideas?
14 answers Last reply
More about decent speakers recommondation
  1. At that price range, for the best sound quality, I would suggest the 2.0 JBL Duets, which go for around $30 + shipping.

I'm not familiar with any sets with a sub + treble/bass controls at this price range, although quality would have to suffer as a result of these additional implementations.

If you are willing to eBay, I picked up a Altec Lansing MX5020 for $35 shipped on eBay a couple of months ago (goes for $100 retail). This has bass and treble controls, and a nice piano black finish. Tweeters too, which was a nice surprise.
  2. cambridge azur 640amp wharfedale diamond 9.1x2. expensive and fidlly but you will never need to buy a speaker/amp again
  3. JBL bookshelf speakers are great.

I don't see what's 'fiddly' about a Cambridge amp/Wharfdale speaker setup personally. As for never having to buy a new system ever again, that's a comment that strikes me as a little dubious.

To reiterate, JBL bookshelf monitors are cheap and good sounding.
  4. Klipsch 2.1 Pro Media sounds really sweet. That's all I can say.
  5. i like this brand

www.edifier.com

and they are good and cheap
  6. I like all these suggestions way over $40 :lol:
  7. $40 dollars and quality speakers dont exactly mix...i would recommend logitech as they usually have good quality speakers, i'm running their z-5500 setup and it blows away anything else for a decent price(in their category) too which is well above $40 dollars but just letting you know
  8. Here is a set that I purchased a year ago. They were the best sound for the price. I compared them a bunch of demo's at Frys Electronics. Good deal and they have a headphone jack.

Altec Lansing 2.1
  9. Altec-Lansing and JBL aren't hugely distant from each other looking historically, however JBL have delivered better quality products compared to crappy Altec-Lansing, in my experience.
  10. Quote:
    OK I bought a pretty crappy set of 4.1 Cyber Acoustic 400 speakers. The left front is broken so I am getting an RMA . . .

So I need a new set, around 40 dollars shipped. I dont care if they are just 2.1 or a really nice set of just 2... I've decided with my setup, 4.1/5.1 or above is just stupid.

The thing I am more interested in is controls. I would LOVE to have the ability to plug in a headset from one of the front speakers, and/or a bass treble control on the set, especially one with a subwoofer.

Any ideas?

For me there 3 good 2.1 Speakers

Logitech Z-2300
    Klipsch 2.1
    Creative MegaWorks 250D
  11. Go for the Logitech z2300's or the klipsh 2.1 I personally like logitech. I have the logitech z5500 with a similar setup that of stranger's.
  12. Logitech X-230

I would offer these as a good set for your specific needs. They're a 2.1 speaker setup and include a front headphone jack as well as front speaker volume controls, and with $9 in shipping, the cost is right at the $40 limit you imposed.
  13. You will love the klipsch speakers 5.1 speaker setup. You might as well buy a good set of speakers, because computer components come and go, but speakers always seem to stay. Take me for instance, I have the klipsch 4.1 setup from the year 2000, and I still love them. All my friends have nothing but complements for these speakers. Very nice sounding bass and all around great quality.
  14. Creative speakers are good but the gigaworks are a bit out of your price range so I would say go for the inspire range you can get a set of Creative Inspire T6060 5.1 for £41 not sure how many dollars that is?
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Gaming Headsets Speakers Components