Canon 1500 or 2000 - which?

I'm losing patience with the exorbitant costs of replacing my LexMark
Z23 inkjet cartridges. And after getting into a dreadful mess trying
to refill the colour cartridge over the weekend, I've decided to cut
my losses and buy a new low end printer.

My requirements are very modest (which is why I've tolerated the cheap
and cheerful Z23 for a year or two, since it came bundled with my PC).
But my local 'printer/refill store' has persuaded me that Canon
cartridges are cheaper, so I'm looking at either the Pixma iP1500 or
the Pixma iP2000. However, there's a 25UKP (45USD) price difference,
so I'm seeking expert advice please. The store says "2000 is better
quality, will last longer." But given my undemanding requirements (no
photographs, just a few maps etc, fair bit of b/w text), would I
notice any difference in practice?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
2 answers Last reply

    Neil Slade has a large website with more information than you really
    need, but if you have time to read it, will be informative:
    http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

    "billmack" <billmack0@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Neil Slade has a large website with more information than you really
    >need, but if you have time to read it, will be informative:
    >http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

    Thanks - useful site, browsing it now.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK