Epson C82 advice

Re my post a few minutes ago about the Canon 1500 or 2000, could I
seek advice about one other alternative please.

As my Z23 is completely empty of colour, I've just recovered and
installed my wife's previous printer from the loft onto my own PC.
It's an Epson C82. She recently had trouble with it, apparently due to
using compatible cartridges (Jetec). The local store persuaded her
that these were very risky (something about clogging the print head?),
and sold her a Canon 3000.

I've replaced the existing 3 colour cartridges with three new Jetec
compatibles, and - after a *lot* of use of the cleaning utility - I
finally got what looks an OK print.

I'd welcome any comments on this solution please. Apart from it saving
me some cash, it offends me to think of it (and a few other old
printers) gathering dust in the loft for another decade or two!

And finally, does anyone know a good UK source of any other C82
compatibles, inexpensive but with a good reputation?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

And finally if you believe that old hoary urban myth about JetTec clogging a
C82 printhead you are merely subscribing to the retail dumb arse and quite
dangerous assertion that superbly intelligent retail assistants promote: I
wonder why - could there be a profit motive??
It is dangerous for them in that they are not allowed to insist that Canon,
Epson or any otherink issuperior - which it isn't. Ask them to confirm this
and they can't and won't because Canon and Epson or anyone else is not
allowed to promote restrictive trading techniques.
Priming usually does little but waste a lot of ink . With a head clog you
would need to use a solvent such as Windolene or Shower Shine (Mr Muscle is
good) and inject a little - say 5 ml into a spare used cartridge and print
with that as well as running cleaning cycles. Disolving any gathered crud
from within to the out side with the correct solvent also acts as a
preventative measure and is a good policy now and then.
I'm still running a C80 for invoices exclusively on JetTec , and I'm biased
of course as I sell the cartridges :)
But if it came to a contest I know I can prove the expert opinions of
Jettec's chemists could be superior to retail sales assistants. In any case
JetTec are guaranteed.
Hope this helps ... Tony

--
Got the picture...Print it. JetTec perfect.
http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink

"Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote:

>And finally if you believe that old hoary urban myth about JetTec clogging a
>C82 printhead you are merely subscribing to the retail dumb arse and quite
>dangerous assertion that superbly intelligent retail assistants promote: I
>wonder why - could there be a profit motive??
>It is dangerous for them in that they are not allowed to insist that Canon,
>Epson or any otherink issuperior - which it isn't. Ask them to confirm this
>and they can't and won't because Canon and Epson or anyone else is not
>allowed to promote restrictive trading techniques.
>Priming usually does little but waste a lot of ink . With a head clog you
>would need to use a solvent such as Windolene or Shower Shine (Mr Muscle is
>good) and inject a little - say 5 ml into a spare used cartridge and print
>with that as well as running cleaning cycles. Disolving any gathered crud
>from within to the out side with the correct solvent also acts as a
>preventative measure and is a good policy now and then.
>I'm still running a C80 for invoices exclusively on JetTec , and I'm biased
>of course as I sell the cartridges :)
>But if it came to a contest I know I can prove the expert opinions of
>Jettec's chemists could be superior to retail sales assistants. In any case
>JetTec are guaranteed.
>Hope this helps ... Tony

Thanks. Tends to crystallise my own view that there's more bias than
objectivity in much of what consumers get told!

I'll see how these initial Jetecs perform and if they do a reasonable
job then I'll order some more.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK