Delay during login

kyle

Hi. I have 6 user accounts setup on this PC. Doesn't
matter which one you sign into, there is atleast a 90
second delay, with the message that your personal setting
are loading. If you stay in the Welcome screen mode, I
can keep the accounts signed on and just switch between
them to avoid this delay but something is wrong....
Please advise as no one that I have talked to has seen
this before and doesn't know where to start..

Thx

Hi Kyle,

Start/run regedit, expand the + signs to this key:

Look at the userinit string in the left pane, double click it to open. All
that should be there is:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

Ending with the comma. If there is more than that, in particular a line
referencing wsaupdater, remove it leaving only the above.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Kyle" <bronc_4x4@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Hi. I have 6 user accounts setup on this PC. Doesn't
> matter which one you sign into, there is atleast a 90
> second delay, with the message that your personal setting
> are loading. If you stay in the Welcome screen mode, I
> can keep the accounts signed on and just switch between
> them to avoid this delay but something is wrong....
> Please advise as no one that I have talked to has seen
> this before and doesn't know where to start..
>
> Thx

Sorry to bother you Rick but I have noticed a couple of times now where you
use the regidit and then give the instructions. You seem to be making a
mistake that will confuse the new or less savvy users. In this case what I am
refering to is your statement "Look at the userinit string in the left pane,
double click it to open." When highlighting a key in the left panel to open
the entries they will appear in the right panel. In fact in this, and the
other cases you have mentioned, double clicking a key in the left panel does
nothing at all. Click to select the key (highlight it) in the left panel and
this will open the entries for that key in the right panel allowing
modifictions or additions to the key. Thanks. {]:~)

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Kyle,
>
> Start/run regedit, expand the + signs to this key:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
>
> Look at the userinit string in the left pane, double click it to open. All
> that should be there is:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
>
> Ending with the comma. If there is more than that, in particular a line
> referencing wsaupdater, remove it leaving only the above.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Kyle" <bronc_4x4@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi. I have 6 user accounts setup on this PC. Doesn't
> > matter which one you sign into, there is atleast a 90
> > second delay, with the message that your personal setting
> > are loading. If you stay in the Welcome screen mode, I
> > can keep the accounts signed on and just switch between
> > them to avoid this delay but something is wrong....
> > Please advise as no one that I have talked to has seen
> > this before and doesn't know where to start..
> >
> > Thx

Hi,

You're right, got my arms backwards. Keys on the left, strings on the right.