LAUNCH OF AMD TURION 64 X2 CPUs MAY START PRICE WAR

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Read the full story here:
http://digitimes.com/systems/a20060324PR210.html
Notebook makers in Taiwan predict that AMD's first batch of dual-core Turion 64 mobile processors, which will reportedly be released on May 9, may start a price war in the dual-core notebook market sooner than expected. AMD is expected to offer better prices for its Turion 64 X2 CPU line than comparable offerings from Intel, indicated the makers.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Read the full story here:
http://digitimes.com/systems/a20060324PR210.html
Notebook makers in Taiwan predict that AMD's first batch of dual-core Turion 64 mobile processors, which will reportedly be released on May 9, may start a price war in the dual-core notebook market sooner than expected. AMD is expected to offer better prices for its Turion 64 X2 CPU line than comparable offerings from Intel, indicated the makers.

The only way Intel can compete is to slash prices on their CPU's, but it doesn't matter, you pay for what you get, and paying more for an AMD that performs better is well worth it.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
The only way Intel can compete is to slash prices on their CPU's, but it doesn't matter, you pay for what you get, and paying more for an AMD that performs better is well worth it.

Second that! :wink:

rettihSlluB

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005
Quote:
Get a new keyboard.

Blame your mother. She takes too long to deliver it.

That's the bad thing about whores, they screw up in everything.
So, how was your "ride" on that b!tch?? :lol:
That slut is a hottie. :twisted:

P.S: Hey Action, tell your mom to send my keyboard also. 8)

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Quote:
Get a new keyboard.

Blame your mother. She takes too long to deliver it.

That's the bad thing about whores, they screw up in everything.
So, how was your "ride" on that b!tch?? :lol:
That slut is a hottie. :twisted:

P.S: Hey Action, tell your mom to send my keyboard also. 8)

Wow man, you broke nearly 5 rules in the ToS in 1 post, that's got to be a record...oh wait...in the 3 posts dedicated to flaming me, I think somebody broke about 30, dang, close though!

rettihSlluB

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005
Wow man, you broke nearly 5 rules in the ToS in 1 post, that's got to be a record...oh wait...in the 3 posts dedicated to flaming me, I think somebody broke about 30, dang, close though!

I'm not flaming any one, I'm just saying the thruth. :oops:

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

It will be interesting to see how Turion X2 benches against Yohna, some preliminary numbers (site is in german):
Turion X2 Bench, German :lol:

After translating that site, the score for the 2.0GHz Turion is calculated according to the *, and there is still plenty of time to refine the Turion.

CompGeek

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2005
Not so AMD fanboy. Poorion is nowhere near a Core Duo and the Poorion X2 won't beat it performance and energy wise thus it will be sold at probably 60% of the Duo price just to stay attractive. AMD is slashing prices,not Intel.
I'd chose a Duo rather than a Poorion anyday and anyone with a clear sight would do the same. More performance,less energy consumption and of course Intel quality on top of it :D

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
CompGeek,
Intel quality, that was......
the quality of the mobile computer is 95% everything else and 5% the CPU.
There are good(or bad, ass you wish) mobile processors from both Intel and AMD. I can say Dothan and Yonah are better than Turion64, while Turion64 is better than Pentium4. You will buy suitable notebook acording to your budget, not to your fanboyisam.
I have 2 HP notebooks, one of them is with Turion64, other with PentiumM, the PentiumM system is faster but more expencive.

CompGeek

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2005
I was comparing Yonah to Turion so yes i agree.
The P4 sucks hard as laptop chip.
Intel quality, well it does matter for me since i've been using solely Intel chips.

49ers540

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Like some of the shops said in other threads, you get kicked in the nutts because you loose money fixing these turion. Costco said that they are getting those turion returns because of heat, short battery life and they break. Yes, costco is also getting kicked in the nutts!

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Like some of the shops said in other threads, you get kicked in the nutts because you loose money fixing these turion. Costco said that they are getting those turion returns because of heat, short battery life and they break. Yes, costco is also getting kicked in the nutts!

Obviously any problems with a laptop HAVE to be related to the CPU, it couldn't possibly be the GPU, motherboard, case, or amount of cooling, that's absolutely never the problem, it's always 100% the CPU :roll:. You get a D+ for effort.

gpfear

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

You get what you pay for. Doesnt matter that you have a Turion when you buy a cheap a$$ laptop from emachines. Does anyone check reviews before they go plunk down money on a notebook.

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
@Topic: Turion 64 X2's standard TDP's are 10w below Merom (25w vs 35w), an LV and ULV version could match easily Merom's ULV (5w).

You can rest assured that Turion X2 at 2.0GHz will beat an equally clocked Yonah processor AND it will consume less power than the Yonah chip.

ltcommander_data

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004
You can rest assured that Turion X2 at 2.0GHz will beat an equally clocked Yonah processor AND it will consume less power than the Yonah chip.
Really, you don't have any solid evidence to reassure me with by any chance?

In any case, price wars are good for everybody, except maybe the company's profit margins.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006

You get a C- for effort.

@Topic: Turion 64 X2's standard TDP's are 10w below Merom (25w vs 35w), an LV and ULV version could match easily Merom's ULV (5w).

FANBOY WAR! TAKE COVER!

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
You live in a dream world full of AMD fanboy! I give you a 'BI' for Blinded Idiot!

Me? I use Intel. Check my siggy. I might switch to AMD, but I'll never be a fanboy. Some of these guys are so obsessed that they contemplate suicide if the other company releases a CPU that's faster than their company's.

TRENDING THREADS