Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

FS9.1

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 14, 2005 11:21:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Maybe a stupid question but this morning I couldn't remember where I
hung my towel after my shower so I'll ask anyway. If a person has the
update, fs9.1 and the NOCD exe, can FS9 be re-installed and then just
copy the old FS9.exe to the correct directory and have everything working?



--

(Smiling) boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)

More about : fs9

June 14, 2005 12:16:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

boB wrote:
> Maybe a stupid question but this morning I couldn't remember where I
> hung my towel after my shower

Check the kitchen...... d:->))
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 12:52:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Save your FS9.exe (presently NOCD) and uninstall FS9. Reinstall FS9 and copy
your saved FS9.exe to the FS9 main folder. I believe it works.

Wim


"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> schreef in bericht
news:Qzvre.47098$PR6.4293@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> Maybe a stupid question but this morning I couldn't remember where I hung
> my towel after my shower so I'll ask anyway. If a person has the update,
> fs9.1 and the NOCD exe, can FS9 be re-installed and then just copy the old
> FS9.exe to the correct directory and have everything working?
>
>
>
> --
>
> (Smiling) boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
> Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 14, 2005 1:20:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

My understanding is that you run the 9.1 uninstaller and then put the
original exe back. Check the readme with the updater the MS 9.1 webpage has
a good FAQ

HTH
Steve

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
news:Qzvre.47098$PR6.4293@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> Maybe a stupid question but this morning I couldn't remember where I hung
> my towel after my shower so I'll ask anyway. If a person has the update,
> fs9.1 and the NOCD exe, can FS9 be re-installed and then just copy the old
> FS9.exe to the correct directory and have everything working?
>
>
>
> --
>
> (Smiling) boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
> Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
>
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 4:28:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi,

There is a separate no-CD file for the 9.1 update; putting the old one
back does negate some updates. Do a search for no cd fs2004 9.1

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco

Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com



boB wrote:
> Maybe a stupid question but this morning I couldn't remember where I
> hung my towel after my shower so I'll ask anyway. If a person has the
> update, fs9.1 and the NOCD exe, can FS9 be re-installed and then just
> copy the old FS9.exe to the correct directory and have everything working?
>
>
>
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:37:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
news:Qzvre.47098$PR6.4293@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> Maybe a stupid question but this morning I couldn't remember where I hung
> my towel after my shower so I'll ask anyway. If a person has the update,
> fs9.1 and the NOCD exe, can FS9 be re-installed and then just copy the old
> FS9.exe to the correct directory and have everything working?
>
>
>
> --
>
> (Smiling) boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
> Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)

Hi Bob,

You need a separate no cd for 9.1. Otherwise, using the FS9 no cd, you lose
some of the update features.

If you cannot find one, e-mail me, I will send it to you (you have my real
e-mail address I believe).

One I have is filename nocd2k4patched.zip

If you uninstall FS9.1 (using the patch uninstaller) then you will need to
install the FS9 no cd file. Filename for it is nocd_cof.zip. Can send you
that one also if you wish.

Paul
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 8:24:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

And there is one more little trick, even if you have found fs91upd.exe
and try running it, you will get a message saying

"It appears that FS9.1 is already installed" or something similar.

The trick is that 9.1 makes a folder called BACKUP (in FS9) and it is
the presence of this folder that causes the message.
To bypass and get 9.1 installed ok. rename or delete the BACKUP folder,
9.1 will then run ok.
It is not documented anywhere I could find but after 45yrs in mainframe
hardware and software support I know the tricks companies can get up to,
nothing is left to chance - they have to have a way back if the update
didn't work, quite simple and obvious if you think about it.
Any way, try it and post your results here please.
Lindsay.



Paul Riley wrote:
> "boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
> news:Qzvre.47098$PR6.4293@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>
>>Maybe a stupid question but this morning I couldn't remember where I hung
>>my towel after my shower so I'll ask anyway. If a person has the update,
>>fs9.1 and the NOCD exe, can FS9 be re-installed and then just copy the old
>>FS9.exe to the correct directory and have everything working?
>>
>>
>>
>>--
>>
>>(Smiling) boB,
>>SAG 70
>>
>>U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
>>Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
>
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> You need a separate no cd for 9.1. Otherwise, using the FS9 no cd, you lose
> some of the update features.
>
> If you cannot find one, e-mail me, I will send it to you (you have my real
> e-mail address I believe).
>
> One I have is filename nocd2k4patched.zip
>
> If you uninstall FS9.1 (using the patch uninstaller) then you will need to
> install the FS9 no cd file. Filename for it is nocd_cof.zip. Can send you
> that one also if you wish.
>
> Paul
>
>
June 17, 2005 8:24:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Lindsay wrote:

> And there is one more little trick, even if you have found fs91upd.exe
> and try running it, you will get a message saying
>
> "It appears that FS9.1 is already installed" or something similar.


>
> Paul Riley wrote:
>
>> "boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
>> news:Qzvre.47098$PR6.4293@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>>
>>
>> Hi Bob,
>>
>> You need a separate no cd for 9.1. Otherwise, using the FS9 no cd, you
>> lose some of the update features.
>>
>> If you cannot find one, e-mail me, I will send it to you (you have my
>> real e-mail address I believe).

Thanks Lindsay, Paul and Tom for replying. I've saved your answers.
I'll try later to re-install FS9.1


--

(Smiling) boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 8:24:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Lindsay" <ratbag@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:42b2508e@clear.net.nz...
> To bypass and get 9.1 installed ok. rename or delete the BACKUP folder,
> 9.1 will then run ok.
> It is not documented anywhere I could find but after 45yrs in mainframe
> hardware and software support


Hmmm, after 45 years, you should know enough to read the readme for the
update. Very clear in there. When uninstalling the 9.1, the final step is to
DELETE the Backup folder.

Paul
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 2:08:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Paul Riley wrote:
> "Lindsay" <ratbag@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:42b2508e@clear.net.nz...
>
>>To bypass and get 9.1 installed ok. rename or delete the BACKUP folder,
>>9.1 will then run ok.
>>It is not documented anywhere I could find but after 45yrs in mainframe
>>hardware and software support
>
>
>
> Hmmm, after 45 years, you should know enough to read the readme for the
> update. Very clear in there. When uninstalling the 9.1, the final step is to
> DELETE the Backup folder.
>
> Paul

Oops..You're right, silly me. Mind you I wasn't really uninstalling 9.1,
I had uninstalled and reinstalled fs9 so didn't bother to read the
uninstall of 9.1 - obviously fs9 uninstall didn't remove everything in
it's folders. Like the old rule says RTFM.
Lindsay.
June 22, 2005 12:16:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

I'm new to this group and have a quick question. What is FS9? Is it
something other than FS2002 or FS2004

Rod
"Paul Riley" <Falcon63624@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Lc-dnXfaP5cWYi_fRVn-1Q@sirinet.net...
> "Lindsay" <ratbag@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:42b2508e@clear.net.nz...
> > To bypass and get 9.1 installed ok. rename or delete the BACKUP folder,
> > 9.1 will then run ok.
> > It is not documented anywhere I could find but after 45yrs in mainframe
> > hardware and software support
>
>
> Hmmm, after 45 years, you should know enough to read the readme for the
> update. Very clear in there. When uninstalling the 9.1, the final step is
to
> DELETE the Backup folder.
>
> Paul
>
>
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:23:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

It's the same as FS2004. The FS9 indicates that it's the ninth version
of the simulator. The timeline for all the versions of the last 25 years can
be found here http://fshistory.simflight.com/fsh/timeline.htm .

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Rod" <rod@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:wZ1ue.113318$8S5.870@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> I'm new to this group and have a quick question. What is FS9? Is it
> something other than FS2002 or FS2004
>
> Rod
> "Paul Riley" <Falcon63624@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:Lc-dnXfaP5cWYi_fRVn-1Q@sirinet.net...
>> "Lindsay" <ratbag@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:42b2508e@clear.net.nz...
>> > To bypass and get 9.1 installed ok. rename or delete the BACKUP folder,
>> > 9.1 will then run ok.
>> > It is not documented anywhere I could find but after 45yrs in mainframe
>> > hardware and software support
>>
>>
>> Hmmm, after 45 years, you should know enough to read the readme for the
>> update. Very clear in there. When uninstalling the 9.1, the final step is
> to
>> DELETE the Backup folder.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 11:43:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

If you have FS2004, you will notice that it is housed on your computer, in a
file labelled FS9. :-)

Quilljar
see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi
Do not reply personally, all such emails go into my spam filter
!