FS9.1

Maybe a stupid question but this morning I couldn't remember where I
hung my towel after my shower so I'll ask anyway. If a person has the
update, fs9.1 and the NOCD exe, can FS9 be re-installed and then just
copy the old FS9.exe to the correct directory and have everything working?

--

(Smiling) boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
More about tomshardware

    boB wrote:
    > Maybe a stupid question but this morning I couldn't remember where I
    > hung my towel after my shower

    Check the kitchen...... d:->))

    Save your FS9.exe (presently NOCD) and uninstall FS9. Reinstall FS9 and copy
    your saved FS9.exe to the FS9 main folder. I believe it works.

    Wim

    "boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> schreef in bericht
    > Maybe a stupid question but this morning I couldn't remember where I hung
    > my towel after my shower so I'll ask anyway. If a person has the update,
    > fs9.1 and the NOCD exe, can FS9 be re-installed and then just copy the old
    > FS9.exe to the correct directory and have everything working?
    >

    > --
    >
    > (Smiling) boB,
    > SAG 70
    >
    > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    My understanding is that you run the 9.1 uninstaller and then put the
    original exe back. Check the readme with the updater the MS 9.1 webpage has
    a good FAQ

    HTH
    Steve

    "boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
    > Maybe a stupid question but this morning I couldn't remember where I hung
    > my towel after my shower so I'll ask anyway. If a person has the update,
    > fs9.1 and the NOCD exe, can FS9 be re-installed and then just copy the old
    > FS9.exe to the correct directory and have everything working?
    >

    > --
    >
    > (Smiling) boB,
    > SAG 70
    >
    > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Hi,

    There is a separate no-CD file for the 9.1 update; putting the old one
    back does negate some updates. Do a search for no cd fs2004 9.1

    Hope this helps,

    Tom Gibson

    Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

    Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco

    Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com

    boB wrote:
    > Maybe a stupid question but this morning I couldn't remember where I
    > hung my towel after my shower so I'll ask anyway. If a person has the
    > update, fs9.1 and the NOCD exe, can FS9 be re-installed and then just
    > copy the old FS9.exe to the correct directory and have everything working?

    "boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
    > Maybe a stupid question but this morning I couldn't remember where I hung
    > my towel after my shower so I'll ask anyway. If a person has the update,
    > fs9.1 and the NOCD exe, can FS9 be re-installed and then just copy the old
    > FS9.exe to the correct directory and have everything working?
    >

    > --
    >
    > (Smiling) boB,
    > SAG 70
    >
    > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Hi Bob,

    You need a separate no cd for 9.1. Otherwise, using the FS9 no cd, you lose
    some of the update features.

    If you cannot find one, e-mail me, I will send it to you (you have my real
    e-mail address I believe).

    One I have is filename nocd2k4patched.zip

    If you uninstall FS9.1 (using the patch uninstaller) then you will need to
    install the FS9 no cd file. Filename for it is nocd_cof.zip. Can send you
    that one also if you wish.

    Paul

    And there is one more little trick, even if you have found fs91upd.exe
    and try running it, you will get a message saying

    "It appears that FS9.1 is already installed" or something similar.

    The trick is that 9.1 makes a folder called BACKUP (in FS9) and it is
    the presence of this folder that causes the message.
    To bypass and get 9.1 installed ok. rename or delete the BACKUP folder,
    9.1 will then run ok.
    It is not documented anywhere I could find but after 45yrs in mainframe
    hardware and software support I know the tricks companies can get up to,
    nothing is left to chance - they have to have a way back if the update
    didn't work, quite simple and obvious if you think about it.
    Any way, try it and post your results here please.
    Lindsay.

    Lindsay wrote:

    > And there is one more little trick, even if you have found fs91upd.exe
    > and try running it, you will get a message saying
    >
    > "It appears that FS9.1 is already installed" or something similar.

    > Paul Riley wrote:
    >
    >> "boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Hi Bob,
    >>
    >> You need a separate no cd for 9.1. Otherwise, using the FS9 no cd, you
    >> lose some of the update features.
    >>
    >> If you cannot find one, e-mail me, I will send it to you (you have my
    >> real e-mail address I believe).

    Thanks Lindsay, Paul and Tom for replying. I've saved your answers.
    I'll try later to re-install FS9.1

    --

    (Smiling) boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    "Lindsay" <ratbag@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:42b2508e@clear.net.nz...
    > To bypass and get 9.1 installed ok. rename or delete the BACKUP folder,
    > 9.1 will then run ok.
    > It is not documented anywhere I could find but after 45yrs in mainframe
    > hardware and software support

    Hmmm, after 45 years, you should know enough to read the readme for the
    update. Very clear in there. When uninstalling the 9.1, the final step is to
    DELETE the Backup folder.

    Paul

    Paul Riley wrote:
    > "Lindsay" <ratbag@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:42b2508e@clear.net.nz...
    >
    >>To bypass and get 9.1 installed ok. rename or delete the BACKUP folder,
    >>9.1 will then run ok.
    >>It is not documented anywhere I could find but after 45yrs in mainframe
    >>hardware and software support
    >

    > Hmmm, after 45 years, you should know enough to read the readme for the
    > update. Very clear in there. When uninstalling the 9.1, the final step is to
    > DELETE the Backup folder.
    >
    > Paul

    Oops..You're right, silly me. Mind you I wasn't really uninstalling 9.1,
    I had uninstalled and reinstalled fs9 so didn't bother to read the
    uninstall of 9.1 - obviously fs9 uninstall didn't remove everything in
    it's folders. Like the old rule says RTFM.
    Lindsay.

    I'm new to this group and have a quick question. What is FS9? Is it
    something other than FS2002 or FS2004

    Rod
    > > To bypass and get 9.1 installed ok. rename or delete the BACKUP folder,
    > > 9.1 will then run ok.
    > > It is not documented anywhere I could find but after 45yrs in mainframe
    > > hardware and software support
    >

    > Hmmm, after 45 years, you should know enough to read the readme for the
    > update. Very clear in there. When uninstalling the 9.1, the final step is
    > DELETE the Backup folder.
    >
    > Paul

    It's the same as FS2004. The FS9 indicates that it's the ninth version
    of the simulator. The timeline for all the versions of the last 25 years can
    be found here http://fshistory.simflight.com/fsh/timeline.htm .

    "Rod" <rod@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > I'm new to this group and have a quick question. What is FS9? Is it
    > something other than FS2002 or FS2004
    >
    > Rod
    > "Paul Riley" <Falcon63624@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> "Lindsay" <ratbag@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> > To bypass and get 9.1 installed ok. rename or delete the BACKUP folder,
    >> > 9.1 will then run ok.
    >> > It is not documented anywhere I could find but after 45yrs in mainframe
    >> > hardware and software support
    >>

    >> Hmmm, after 45 years, you should know enough to read the readme for the
    >> update. Very clear in there. When uninstalling the 9.1, the final step is
    >> DELETE the Backup folder.
    >>
    >> Paul

    If you have FS2004, you will notice that it is housed on your computer, in a
    file labelled FS9. :-)

    Quilljar
    see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi
    Do not reply personally, all such emails go into my spam filter

Games Microsoft Video Games