Epson R300 ink refills from atlanticinkjet , anyone used t..

Just got my printer finally on friday and am very pleased with the
results, however after printing about around 10 full color 8X10's at
both photo and HQ photo I see that the yellow and magenta colors are
already down at 75% so new ink will be needed soon. Do the print
cartridges that come with the printers hold less ink than new
replacements? Or is this the life I can expect from new cartriges?

Also, after some googling I see that a complete refill kit from
atlanticinkjet.com for about C$121, thats awfully tempting for 12
refills worth! But since I will be printing primarily high quality
photos with this unit I am wondering about the quality (any visible
difference etc.) and the archival life of this approach.

Anyone used this method or something similar? Any gotcha's or good/bad
experiences?

TIA
7 answers Last reply
More about epson r300 refills atlanticinkjet

    I just received that exact kit today. I'm currently doing
    repeated clenings becuase my print heads were dried right
    out. What a PITA.

    I can't comment on the quality as of yet but if you post
    later in the week I'll respond with a brief review.

    One note. The instructions didn't indicate that the new
    cartridges were colour specific. Hence I put yellow ink in
    my blue tank. After trying to empty it and putting blue ink
    in I now have anice shade of green. Ah well. Any suggestions
    for purging the tank completely?

    Glen S <whoknows@no_spam.com> wrote in news:DfAEd.78635$dv1.51938
    @edtnps89:

    > Just got my printer finally on friday and am very pleased with the
    > results, however after printing about around 10 full color 8X10's at
    > both photo and HQ photo I see that the yellow and magenta colors are
    > already down at 75% so new ink will be needed soon. Do the print
    > cartridges that come with the printers hold less ink than new
    > replacements? Or is this the life I can expect from new cartriges?
    >
    > Also, after some googling I see that a complete refill kit from
    > atlanticinkjet.com for about C$121, thats awfully tempting for 12
    > refills worth! But since I will be printing primarily high quality
    > photos with this unit I am wondering about the quality (any visible
    > difference etc.) and the archival life of this approach.
    >
    > Anyone used this method or something similar? Any gotcha's or good/bad
    > experiences?
    >
    > TIA

    Epson Stylus Photo R200/R300/RX500 Ink All 6 Cartridges

    http://stores.ebay.com/AbacusInk/AbacusInk-Epson.html

    abacusink@abacus24-7.com

    eR300VP6 Epson Stylus Photo R200/R300/RX500 Ink All... 1
    $15.99

    Subtotal:
    $15.99
    Shipping & Handling:
    $5.95
    Total:
    $21.94
    shipped from Arizona US ,absolutely good experience here with these
    cartridges printing with 2 R300s purchased in Jan 2004. Color match is
    excellent to OEM.

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:32:37 GMT, Andrew <andreweXXremoveXX@shaw.ca>
    wrote:

    >I just received that exact kit today. I'm currently doing
    >repeated clenings becuase my print heads were dried right
    >out. What a PITA.
    >
    >I can't comment on the quality as of yet but if you post
    >later in the week I'll respond with a brief review.
    >
    >One note. The instructions didn't indicate that the new
    >cartridges were colour specific. Hence I put yellow ink in
    >my blue tank. After trying to empty it and putting blue ink
    >in I now have anice shade of green. Ah well. Any suggestions
    >for purging the tank completely?

    Wasn't there instructions as to what colour goes where? There
    certainly is when I order from Atlantic.

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:58:43 GMT, Glen S <whoknows@no_spam.com> wrote:

    >Just got my printer finally on friday and am very pleased with the
    >results, however after printing about around 10 full color 8X10's at
    >both photo and HQ photo I see that the yellow and magenta colors are
    >already down at 75% so new ink will be needed soon. Do the print
    >cartridges that come with the printers hold less ink than new
    >replacements? Or is this the life I can expect from new cartriges?
    >
    >Also, after some googling I see that a complete refill kit from
    >atlanticinkjet.com for about C$121, thats awfully tempting for 12
    >refills worth! But since I will be printing primarily high quality
    >photos with this unit I am wondering about the quality (any visible
    >difference etc.) and the archival life of this approach.
    >
    >Anyone used this method or something similar? Any gotcha's or good/bad
    >experiences?
    >
    >TIA

    Iv'e used Atlantic for about two years now and have been very
    satisfied with both their quality and their service and certainly, the
    price is right.

    I can't reply to the ink quality issue, not knowing the product, but I
    can tell you that although Epson doesn't use "starter cartridges", the
    very first time the printer is loaded with ink, it goes through a
    prolonged head flushing process to remove the fluid Epson uses in the
    heads of a new printer. This process usually is only accessed once.

    However, every time a cartridge is replaced, be it one or seven, at
    once, all the cartridges go through a purging, which, is not as
    prolonged at the very first, but it is longer than a standard cleaning
    cycle.

    So, the answer is, yes, the first set get somewhat less life than
    successive replacements.

    Art

    Andrew wrote:
    > I just received that exact kit today. I'm currently doing repeated
    > clenings becuase my print heads were dried right out. What a PITA.
    >
    > I can't comment on the quality as of yet but if you post later in the
    > week I'll respond with a brief review.
    >
    > One note. The instructions didn't indicate that the new cartridges were
    > colour specific. Hence I put yellow ink in my blue tank. After trying to
    > empty it and putting blue ink in I now have anice shade of green. Ah
    > well. Any suggestions for purging the tank completely?

    snip
    So I take it your print heads were already dried out prior to using this
    ink? In any case IIRC I think a dab of windex on the printhead is
    supposed to do the trick, I did this a few times on my old stylus 400

    I'm assuming the kit comes with special cartridges for refilling (not
    just regular R300 cartridges from Epson that you refill).

    If so, I'd request a new cartridge from them, explaining the problem.
    It sounds to me they must have to deal with it now and again, and that
    they need to correct their instructions to clarify the matter.

    Art

    Andrew wrote:

    > I just received that exact kit today. I'm currently doing repeated
    > clenings becuase my print heads were dried right out. What a PITA.
    >
    > I can't comment on the quality as of yet but if you post later in the
    > week I'll respond with a brief review.
    >
    > One note. The instructions didn't indicate that the new cartridges were
    > colour specific. Hence I put yellow ink in my blue tank. After trying to
    > empty it and putting blue ink in I now have anice shade of green. Ah
    > well. Any suggestions for purging the tank completely?
    >
    > Glen S wrote:
    >
    >> Just got my printer finally on friday and am very pleased with the
    >> results, however after printing about around 10 full color 8X10's at
    >> both photo and HQ photo I see that the yellow and magenta colors are
    >> already down at 75% so new ink will be needed soon. Do the print
    >> cartridges that come with the printers hold less ink than new
    >> replacements? Or is this the life I can expect from new cartriges?
    >>
    >> Also, after some googling I see that a complete refill kit from
    >> atlanticinkjet.com for about C$121, thats awfully tempting for 12
    >> refills worth! But since I will be printing primarily high quality
    >> photos with this unit I am wondering about the quality (any visible
    >> difference etc.) and the archival life of this approach.
    >>
    >> Anyone used this method or something similar? Any gotcha's or good/bad
    >> experiences?
    >>
    >> TIA

Printers Photo Epson Peripherals