SP-2 and MS Visual C++ - big problem

September 5, 2004 5:57:41 PM

After installing SP-2 my fairly old version (5.0) of MS Visual C++ gives a
"This page cannot be displayed" any time I try to access help or the Info
topics. This makes the package essentially useless. Anyone know a solution
(other than updating to a later version)?

In addition, some of the older routines (example: _getcwd) will not execute.
I have been unable to find any information on either of the problem in the
MS KB.

Other than that I have had no other recognized problems with SP-2.

More about : visual big problem

Anonymous
September 5, 2004 5:57:42 PM

Well I just went to the http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/ site and there are
all sorts of updates and fixes for C++. Did you try an internet search before
posting? Often answers to your particular problem can be found long before
you post here. This is usually the last resort. Good luck. {]:~)
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 8:35:49 PM

Yes, I did a search, but apparntly didn't use the right search terms. Thanks
very much for your reply.

!