HP iPAQ hx4700 networking

October 11, 2004 11:43:49 PM

I have recently bought the HP iPAQ hx4700 and it really is a very nice
gadget.
I am wondering if I can connect to the internet through my USB connection to
my PC. I don't have Bluetooth on my PC so the HP iPAQ to PC would have to be
via my USB cradle connection to my PC.
Any help appreciated

Ron

More about : ipaq hx4700 networking

Anonymous
a b α HP
October 12, 2004 3:00:49 AM

"Ron" <brarko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have recently bought the HP iPAQ hx4700 and it really is a very nice
>gadget.
> I am wondering if I can connect to the internet through my USB connection
> to my PC. I don't have Bluetooth on my PC so the HP iPAQ to PC would have
> to be via my USB cradle connection to my PC.
> Any help appreciated

Ron, this feature is called Internet Passthrough, and it's enabled by
default on ActiveSync. If you place the Pocket PC in its cradle you should
be able to browse the internet. It may not work well if a firewall on your
computer is blocking communications (the Windows XP SP2 firewall will block
by default).

Of course this requires ActiveSync to be installed, so it'll not work with
any computer, but only the ones with this software installed.

October 12, 2004 3:00:50 AM

Thanks Mauricio,

So simple; now connected. Really didn't think it would be that easy but =
with this great little PPC I should have known better. Many thanks. Ron

news:o A9Tek3rEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

!