WithoutATrace

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok im in the final processes of my new rig and honestly, im owrrying,lol. Ok i pretty much have everything except the ram. I want ocz preferably, around 100 or less, 1gb. Problem is i don't know what RAM will be compatible with my board. I have an ASUS K8N-E board and AMD 3700+ CPU. Any suggestions?

Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
Ok im in the final processes of my new rig and honestly, im owrrying,lol. Ok i pretty much have everything except the ram. I want ocz preferably, around 100 or less, 1gb. Problem is i don't know what RAM will be compatible with my board. I have an ASUS K8N-E board and AMD 3700+ CPU. Any suggestions?

The motherboard is compatable with the 1GB of OCZ RAM at the following link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227031

Some of the reviews of your MoBo (at Newegg) said that the board would run the RAM at lower speeds than it was supposed to, so be wary. I suggest that you get a new motherboard in the near future, it would be a good upgrade.

Also, as for your other "friendly" review, the people who visit this forum do not need to help you out. If you want help, I suggest that you ask in a nice manner.

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8O The motherboard manual didn't say? That's VERY unusual for Asus. :?