opening an attachment

Mike

Splendid

I received an e-mail with an attachment. When I try to
open it I get this message: This file does mot have a
program associated with it for performing this action.
Create an association in the folder options control
panel. How do I do this?

mike wrote:
> I received an e-mail with an attachment. When I try to
> open it I get this message: This file does mot have a
> program associated with it for performing this action.
> Create an association in the folder options control
> panel. How do I do this?

First off, if you do not know what the attachment is, why are you trying to
open it? Bad mojo.

Secondly - you would (and we would) have to know what the attachment is in
order to tell you what application you need to associate it with. For
example, if it was an AVI file and we told you to use Notepad to open it,
not very effective way of playing the movie file.

What is the three letter extension on the attachment? Did you get it from
someone you know AND you were expecting them to send it AND you have asked
them what type of file it is so you are sure to have the correct application
installed?

--
<- Shenan ->

research for
>yourself before you take any advice - you are the one
ultimately
>responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know
what you are
>getting into before you jump in with both feet.
>
>There is no 3 letter abbreviation telling me what type
of file it is. It is from a relative so I trust the
content. It did say file type was unknown.

mike wrote:
> There is no 3 letter abbreviation telling me what type
> of file it is. It is from a relative so I trust the
> content. It did say file type was unknown.

Unfortunately, you will have to contact the family member you think sent it
to you (just because it says it is from them does not mean it is nor does it
mean it is safe) and find out what type of file it is. Word, Excel,
picture, movie, powerpoint, other?

--
<- Shenan ->

"Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message > --

Be especially careful if it is a forwarded message. I receive these all the
time from friends; while I trust them, the other names don't mean a thing to
me. These are deleted upon receipt.

Malv