Thankx for the NO HELP!!!

WithoutATrace

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Thankx guys for no help whatsoever. I know i can take ddr400 ram up to 3 gigs but does it matter with certain RAM companies and comptability?

TabrisDarkPeace

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
I am waiting for him to show me the Service Level Aggreement both they and I signed which indicated we provide help for free.

When you ask like that mate, you deserve to be spat upon.

May I suggest:

1) Post all your credit card details here, so we can take payment to assist you. These are not free forums with that attitude, No idea where it indicated that they might be. :p
2) Plugging in your AC power cord to power
3) Ensureing your AC power cord is unplugged from your PC
4) Licking the end to see if it has power.

PS: In future ask nicely. :p , We don't get paid for help and people like you with thread titles like this deserve nothing but the worst advice in return.

So look out. Both the above, and below, advice might be totally wrong. hehehe :twisted:

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Thankx guys for no help whatsoever. I know i can take ddr400 ram up to 3 gigs but does it matter with certain RAM companies and comptability?

i like how you asked a question right after you piss people off. Thats good!

This @$$h0l3's (w/o a trace) has got style. lol

KingLoftusXII

Splendid
Jan 17, 2006

You can, but before you do take your motherboard and let it sit in the sink
overnight in some warm, not cold, soapy water. After a good 10 to 12 hour
soak CAREFULLY put a small amount of 3 in 1 oil in each slot and light it.

Use adult supervision.

The slots must be 100% clean or you'll ruin the board.

only_me

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
why not bake your own ram, it will work just as well, you will need:

* 110g/4 ozs. rye flour
* 110g/4 ozs. of fine oatmeal
* 50g/2 ozs. 100% wholewheat bread flour
* 400g/14 ozs. unbleached strong white bread flour
* 25g/1 oz. butter, flaked
* 2 flat teaspoons sea salt
* 425mls/15 fl. ozs. cold water
* 15g/½ oz. fresh yeast

remember the better the flour the lower the latencies, for DDR 2 use organic ingredients.

Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
why not bake your own ram, it will work just as well, you will need:

* 110g/4 ozs. rye flour
* 110g/4 ozs. of fine oatmeal
* 50g/2 ozs. 100% wholewheat bread flour
* 400g/14 ozs. unbleached strong white bread flour
* 25g/1 oz. butter, flaked
* 2 flat teaspoons sea salt
* 425mls/15 fl. ozs. cold water
* 15g/½ oz. fresh yeast

remember the better the flour the lower the latencies, for DDR 2 use organic ingredients.

Lol. I had no idea oatmeal was an ingredient in RAM.

pip_seeker

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

yep sure does, if you stuck the wrong kind in then you need to reset the memory bios.

If I remember correctly you do this by disconnecting the power cord, take out the old memory and place a nickel in the memory slot.

Well I think it's a nickel? If that doesn't fit it's probably 2 dimes stuck together.

Once you have the nickel or dimes stuck in the memory slots have the power switch on the power supply in the off position and plug the cord back in.

Now flip the switch to the power supply and then the power button on the PC very quickly on and then off.

That will reset the memory bios and then you can stick the right memory in and you're set.

only_me

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006

yep sure does, if you stuck the wrong kind in then you need to reset the memory bios.

If I remember correctly you do this by disconnecting the power cord, take out the old memory and place a nickel in the memory slot.

Well I think it's a nickel? If that doesn't fit it's probably 2 dimes stuck together.

Once you have the nickel or dimes stuck in the memory slots have the power switch on the power supply in the off position and plug the cord back in.

Now flip the switch to the power supply and then the power button on the PC very quickly on and then off.

That will reset the memory bios and then you can stick the right memory in and you're set.

To insure that this method is working, when the power is on it is common practise to lick the coins (please ensure that you are properly earthed when doing this) if you don't feel anything get a large bowl that you can stand in, fill it with water and drop the power cord in that, (please make sure it is turned on) this will test if the power supply is powerful enough.

KWH

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2005
Sounds like a bad muffler bearing or maybe the flux capacitor is acting up? Take a small hammer, apply liberally.

Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006

Compatability is never an issue when you are building a computer, don't worry. If you do encounter a situation where a component will not fit where you want it to, don't worry. Show those components whose boss by applying a nearby jackhammer.

As for your stupid question:
RAM runs best when lubricated. To acheive the extra speed of lubricated memory, soak your RAM in kerosene overnight before inserting into the motherboard.

As for a power supply:
I suggest you purchase the PowMax 550W PSU at the following link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817163028

A quote from one of the reviews of the above PSU:
Cons: on the 4th week it set on fire in my case when i was playing BF2 then it started to set my computer on fire so i ripped it out threw it out my window and ran it over with my car.

Good luck with upgrading! :D

nanoprobs

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
lol, man this is a good post. Some nice guides to get your brain juiced up and working again. Here is another one, take out the M.B (CMOS) battery unplug the power cord from the power supply. Then add 1 drop of nitroglycerin to each pci slot and ram slot and 2 drops into your power supply, next plug the power cord back on and switch it on. If you hear a loud bang then that means it's working properly.

Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
lol, man this is a good post. Some nice guides to get your brain juiced up and working again. Here is another one, take out the M.B (CMOS) battery unplug the power cord from the power supply. Then add 1 drop of nitroglycerin to each pci slot and ram slot and 2 drops into your power supply, next plug the power cord back on and switch it on. If you hear a loud bang then that means it's working properly.

Lol that's pretty good.

Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
Hey Fungalberry!! You forgot to tell him to sit the RAM out in the sun to dry out before putting it back in???

Dang! Thanks for reminding me - that could have been quite a disaster.

Mr. Withoutatrace:
Take heed of juggernaught's advice. Soak RAM in kerosene, let dry in sun. To make the memory dry faster you can focus the sun's beams using a magnifying glass.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006

Compatability is never an issue when you are building a computer, don't worry. If you do encounter a situation where a component will not fit where you want it to, don't worry. Show those components whose boss by applying a nearby jackhammer.

As for your stupid question:
RAM runs best when lubricated. To acheive the extra speed of lubricated memory, soak your RAM in kerosene overnight before inserting into the motherboard.

As for a power supply:
I suggest you purchase the PowMax 550W PSU at the following link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817163028

A quote from one of the reviews of the above PSU:
Cons: on the 4th week it set on fire in my case when i was playing BF2 then it started to set my computer on fire so i ripped it out threw it out my window and ran it over with my car.

Good luck with upgrading! :D

This is a great thread; almost as funny as the "very old computer working". Oatmeal RAM- it tastes better as DDR2667 :). So I won't cook my DDR400.