create a vpn

Hi

I am new on adsl, I would like to connect my laptop at home (OS: WinXP Home
Ed - adsl router flynet ADSL 2/2 - Roper) with the adsl modem in the office
(ZyXel). The office has a static ip address with a vpn while my adsl at home
has a dinamic ip address.

Is it possible to create a vpn with a dinamic ip address and if so, how can
I do it? or is it possible to make a direct connection between the office
and home without using a vpn, if yes, how?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Netadict

Private

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2004

Netadict wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new on adsl, I would like to connect my laptop at home (OS: WinXP Home
> Ed - adsl router flynet ADSL 2/2 - Roper) with the adsl modem in the office
> (ZyXel). The office has a static ip address with a vpn while my adsl at home
> has a dinamic ip address.
>
> Is it possible to create a vpn with a dinamic ip address and if so, how can
> I do it? or is it possible to make a direct connection between the office
> and home without using a vpn, if yes, how?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Kind regards,
> Netadict

use a VPN client on the WinXP home machine and create remote access vpn
to the office router. What model is the router at the office? Does it
support IPSEC? If so what clients are supported - all things you need
to investigate.