A script to print a page every day?

Since the ink nozzles on my Epson R300 seem to plug up all
the time I thought that printing a colour page daily would
help to prevent this. Is there any way I can program my
computer to print a basic colour patter daily? Lets say a
small jpeg image or even the test pattern supplied with the
printer software.

Thanks,
Andrew
4 answers Last reply
More about script print page

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:50:30 GMT, Andrew <andreweXXremoveXX@shaw.ca>
    wrote:

    >Since the ink nozzles on my Epson R300 seem to plug up all
    >the time I thought that printing a colour page daily would
    >help to prevent this. Is there any way I can program my
    >computer to print a basic colour patter daily? Lets say a
    >small jpeg image or even the test pattern supplied with the
    >printer software.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Andrew

    Put a sticky note on your monitor.

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:50:30 GMT, in comp.periphs.printers, Andrew
    <andreweXXremoveXX@shaw.ca> wrote:

    >Since the ink nozzles on my Epson R300 seem to plug up all
    >the time I thought that printing a colour page daily would
    >help to prevent this. Is there any way I can program my
    >computer to print a basic colour patter daily? Lets say a
    >small jpeg image or even the test pattern supplied with the
    >printer software.

    Print the job you want to repeat to a file (ie redirect printer output to
    a file) then use Task manager and a batch./script file to copy that file
    to the printer port on a daily basis.

    eg.

    copy /b file.prn lpt1:

    I'm assuming you are using Windows since you posting with the Windows
    version of Thunderbird. The principle should be the same whatever the OS
    you use. eg a cron job under *nix. Not sure about Macs but there should
    be something.

    Dave

    --
    xtalsinger@yahoo.com is a valid reply-to address but I don't check it every day.

    Excellent! Thanks for the help Dave.

    Andrew

    anyone4tennis@hotmail.com wrote:

    > On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:50:30 GMT, Andrew <andreweXXremoveXX@shaw.ca>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Since the ink nozzles on my Epson R300 seem to plug up all
    >> the time I thought that printing a colour page daily would
    >> help to prevent this. Is there any way I can program my
    >> computer to print a basic colour patter daily? Lets say a
    >> small jpeg image or even the test pattern supplied with the
    >> printer software.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Andrew
    >
    > Put a sticky note on your monitor.