  • Microsoft
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 15, 2005 2:53:26 AM

Lasttime I reported on an airline survey. Now AWST has an article
about an airport survey conducted by J.D.Powers, which will presented
at the Paris airshow.
The survey was ccompiled from 9024 passenger interviews in 2004.

Here are the top 10 airports:

Singapore Changi - SIN
Hong Kong Intl. - HKG
Pitsburgh Intl. - PIT
Calgary Intl. - YYC
San Antonio Intl. - SAT
Austin Bergstrom Intl. - AUS
Boise airport - BOI
Cincinnati Intl. - CVG
Indianapolis Intl. - IND
Portland Intl. - PDX

-=tom=-

More about : airport survey

June 15, 2005 3:02:28 AM

I think Little Rock, Arkansas should get honourable mention - KLIT : )

Arthur

"Tom Orle" <xspam.torle@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:p h5va1tv27oepn7u755uldfg2a572gml71@4ax.com...
> Lasttime I reported on an airline survey. Now AWST has an article
> about an airport survey conducted by J.D.Powers, which will presented
> at the Paris airshow.
> The survey was ccompiled from 9024 passenger interviews in 2004.
>
> Here are the top 10 airports:
>
> Singapore Changi - SIN
> Hong Kong Intl. - HKG
> Pitsburgh Intl. - PIT
> Calgary Intl. - YYC
> San Antonio Intl. - SAT
> Austin Bergstrom Intl. - AUS
> Boise airport - BOI
> Cincinnati Intl. - CVG
> Indianapolis Intl. - IND
> Portland Intl. - PDX
>
> -=tom=-

June 15, 2005 5:18:45 PM

Seriously, I thought Sydney should have been in the top 5 at least.

"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
>I think Little Rock, Arkansas should get honourable mention - KLIT : )
>
> Arthur
>
> "Tom Orle" <xspam.torle@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:p h5va1tv27oepn7u755uldfg2a572gml71@4ax.com...
>> Lasttime I reported on an airline survey. Now AWST has an article
>> about an airport survey conducted by J.D.Powers, which will presented
>> at the Paris airshow.
>> The survey was ccompiled from 9024 passenger interviews in 2004.
>>
>> Here are the top 10 airports:
>>
>> Singapore Changi - SIN
>> Hong Kong Intl. - HKG
>> Pitsburgh Intl. - PIT
>> Calgary Intl. - YYC
>> San Antonio Intl. - SAT
>> Austin Bergstrom Intl. - AUS
>> Boise airport - BOI
>> Cincinnati Intl. - CVG
>> Indianapolis Intl. - IND
>> Portland Intl. - PDX
>>
>> -=tom=-

June 15, 2005 5:18:46 PM

Surely the new Kuala Lumpur must be the world's number one?

Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine it helps you to assess airports
http://www.livtech.co.uk
June 15, 2005 10:21:37 PM

"Tom Orle"
> Here are the top 10 airports:

I'll add to that by starting the worst airport list:

1) San Juan, Puerto Rico - Motto: "Our employees will do everything in our
power to make your trip worse."
2) Miami, Florida - Motto: "Designed by idiots to make sure everyone walks
at least 5 miles."

Dallas
June 15, 2005 10:21:38 PM

Dallas wrote:
> 2) Miami, Florida - Motto: "Designed by idiots to make sure everyone
> walks at least 5 miles."

And if a passenger asks for information, just shrug and answer in
spanish.........
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 10:41:10 PM

> Surely the new Kuala Lumpur must be the world's number one?

Kuala Lumpur is very modern and clean, but it has no heart.
Hong Kong is nicer, but Changi is the best for me: Many shops in tasteful
lounges, nice foodcorners, outside gardens in the transit area, a yakuzi on
the roof top......

henk
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 2:26:41 AM

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:53:26 -0400, Tom Orle wrote:

> Lasttime I reported on an airline survey. Now AWST has an article
> about an airport survey conducted by J.D.Powers, which will presented
> at the Paris airshow.
> The survey was ccompiled from 9024 passenger interviews in 2004.
>
> Here are the top 10 airports:
>
> Singapore Changi - SIN
> Hong Kong Intl. - HKG
> Pitsburgh Intl. - PIT
> Calgary Intl. - YYC
> San Antonio Intl. - SAT
> Austin Bergstrom Intl. - AUS
> Boise airport - BOI
> Cincinnati Intl. - CVG
> Indianapolis Intl. - IND
> Portland Intl. - PDX

Now here's a list that really makes no sense!

Just 9024 passengers were interviewed? And based on that they have
compiled a top 10 list of airports based on the personal experiences of
just 9024 passengers?

Calgary Intl has everything right where it needs to be, but it's not top 10
material. I'm baffled by the number of US airports and surprised by the
lack of European airports. Makes one think, doesn't it?

So many people and organizations have been working so hard to make
Amsterdam-Schiphol live up to its international status, but it didn't even
make a simple top 10. Odd.

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(I've got a baaad feeling about this.....)

Tom Orle <xspam.torle@comcast.net> wrote in
news:p h5va1tv27oepn7u755uldfg2a572gml71@4ax.com:

> Lasttime I reported on an airline survey. Now AWST has an article
> about an airport survey conducted by J.D.Powers, which will presented
> at the Paris airshow.
> The survey was ccompiled from 9024 passenger interviews in 2004.
>
> Here are the top 10 airports:

If this was s survey of Flight Simulator users, I'm sure that #1 on the
list would have to be Meigs Field, KCGX.

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2003/03-1-157x.h...

Let us all pause a moment and remember what was probably the first airport
we flew out of (at least I can say it was in my case).
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:31:52 PM

"Henk" <ngein.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Surely the new Kuala Lumpur must be the world's number one?
>
> Kuala Lumpur is very modern and clean, but it has no heart.
> Hong Kong is nicer, but Changi is the best for me: Many shops in tasteful
> lounges, nice foodcorners, outside gardens in the transit area, a yakuzi
> on the roof top......
>
> henk

Outside gardens in the transit area - are you referring to the Cactus Garden
where all the smokers go to chain smoke before reboarding?

Those cacti must be hardly plants - I went back inside the terminal to save
myself from the effects of passive smoke poisoning.

It is a clean, modern terminal despite the above observation.

John
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 4:22:19 PM

Oh come on, Heathrow would surely be at the top of the bottom. Man what a
stinky dump.

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> Dallas wrote:
>> 2) Miami, Florida - Motto: "Designed by idiots to make sure everyone
>> walks at least 5 miles."
>>
> And if a passenger asks for information, just shrug and answer in
> spanish.........

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 10:11:28 PM

>> And if a passenger asks for information, just shrug and answer in
>> spanish.........

Thad'sa preddy cool amigos, it make-a it numba one for me you estupid
gringo!

--
Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:29:58 PM

Dallas wrote:

> 1) San Juan, Puerto Rico...
> 2) Miami, Florida...

How can you tell the difference between these two? ;-)

John

June 16, 2005 11:31:21 PM

Todd Aiken wrote:
> Tom Orle <xspam.torle@comcast.net> wrote in
> news:p h5va1tv27oepn7u755uldfg2a572gml71@4ax.com:
>

>>Lasttime I reported on an airline survey. Now AWST has an article
>>about an airport survey conducted by J.D.Powers, which will presented
>>at the Paris airshow.
>>The survey was ccompiled from 9024 passenger interviews in 2004.
>>
>>Here are the top 10 airports:
>

> If this was s survey of Flight Simulator users, I'm sure that #1 on the
> list would have to be Meigs Field, KCGX.
>
> http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2003/03-1-157x.h...
>
> Let us all pause a moment and remember what was probably the first airport
> we flew out of (at least I can say it was in my case).

Nope, my favorite airport would be anything designed by Bill Melichar,
or however you spell it. That man can design airports!

John

June 17, 2005 1:35:49 AM

"The Man Behind The Curtain
> > 1) San Juan, Puerto Rico...
> > 2) Miami, Florida...
> How can you tell the difference between these two? ;-)

LOL.. good point.

But, if the few stinky bars and food service places close down at 7:00 pm
and everyone treats you with distain.. you know you are in Puerto Rico!

Dallas
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 4:03:43 AM

> Outside gardens in the transit area - are you referring to the Cactus
> Garden where all the smokers go to chain smoke before reboarding?

Yes, I admit, that is the negative side of it.

Henk
!