airport survey

Lasttime I reported on an airline survey. Now AWST has an article
about an airport survey conducted by J.D.Powers, which will presented
at the Paris airshow.
The survey was ccompiled from 9024 passenger interviews in 2004.

Here are the top 10 airports:

Singapore Changi - SIN
Hong Kong Intl. - HKG
Pitsburgh Intl. - PIT
Calgary Intl. - YYC
San Antonio Intl. - SAT
Austin Bergstrom Intl. - AUS
Boise airport - BOI
Cincinnati Intl. - CVG
Indianapolis Intl. - IND
Portland Intl. - PDX

-=tom=-
15 answers Last reply
More about airport survey

    I think Little Rock, Arkansas should get honourable mention - KLIT : )

    Arthur

    "Tom Orle" <xspam.torle@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Lasttime I reported on an airline survey. Now AWST has an article
    > about an airport survey conducted by J.D.Powers, which will presented
    > at the Paris airshow.
    > The survey was ccompiled from 9024 passenger interviews in 2004.
    >
    > Here are the top 10 airports:
    >
    > Singapore Changi - SIN
    > Hong Kong Intl. - HKG
    > Pitsburgh Intl. - PIT
    > Calgary Intl. - YYC
    > San Antonio Intl. - SAT
    > Austin Bergstrom Intl. - AUS
    > Boise airport - BOI
    > Cincinnati Intl. - CVG
    > Indianapolis Intl. - IND
    > Portland Intl. - PDX
    >
    > -=tom=-

    Seriously, I thought Sydney should have been in the top 5 at least.

    "Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >I think Little Rock, Arkansas should get honourable mention - KLIT : )
    >
    > Arthur
    >
    > "Tom Orle" <xspam.torle@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Lasttime I reported on an airline survey. Now AWST has an article
    >> about an airport survey conducted by J.D.Powers, which will presented
    >> at the Paris airshow.
    >> The survey was ccompiled from 9024 passenger interviews in 2004.
    >>
    >> Here are the top 10 airports:
    >>
    >> Singapore Changi - SIN
    >> Hong Kong Intl. - HKG
    >> Pitsburgh Intl. - PIT
    >> Calgary Intl. - YYC
    >> San Antonio Intl. - SAT
    >> Austin Bergstrom Intl. - AUS
    >> Boise airport - BOI
    >> Cincinnati Intl. - CVG
    >> Indianapolis Intl. - IND
    >> Portland Intl. - PDX
    >>
    >> -=tom=-

    Surely the new Kuala Lumpur must be the world's number one?

    Cheers
    Quilljar

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine it helps you to assess airports
    http://www.livtech.co.uk

    "Tom Orle"
    > Here are the top 10 airports:

    I'll add to that by starting the worst airport list:

    1) San Juan, Puerto Rico - Motto: "Our employees will do everything in our
    power to make your trip worse."
    2) Miami, Florida - Motto: "Designed by idiots to make sure everyone walks
    at least 5 miles."

    Dallas

    Dallas wrote:
    > 2) Miami, Florida - Motto: "Designed by idiots to make sure everyone
    > walks at least 5 miles."

    And if a passenger asks for information, just shrug and answer in
    spanish.........

    > Surely the new Kuala Lumpur must be the world's number one?

    Kuala Lumpur is very modern and clean, but it has no heart.
    Hong Kong is nicer, but Changi is the best for me: Many shops in tasteful
    lounges, nice foodcorners, outside gardens in the transit area, a yakuzi on
    the roof top......

    henk

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:53:26 -0400, Tom Orle wrote:

    > Lasttime I reported on an airline survey. Now AWST has an article
    > about an airport survey conducted by J.D.Powers, which will presented
    > at the Paris airshow.
    > The survey was ccompiled from 9024 passenger interviews in 2004.
    >
    > Here are the top 10 airports:
    >
    > Singapore Changi - SIN
    > Hong Kong Intl. - HKG
    > Pitsburgh Intl. - PIT
    > Calgary Intl. - YYC
    > San Antonio Intl. - SAT
    > Austin Bergstrom Intl. - AUS
    > Boise airport - BOI
    > Cincinnati Intl. - CVG
    > Indianapolis Intl. - IND
    > Portland Intl. - PDX

    Now here's a list that really makes no sense!

    Just 9024 passengers were interviewed? And based on that they have
    compiled a top 10 list of airports based on the personal experiences of
    just 9024 passengers?

    Calgary Intl has everything right where it needs to be, but it's not top 10
    material. I'm baffled by the number of US airports and surprised by the
    lack of European airports. Makes one think, doesn't it?

    So many people and organizations have been working so hard to make
    Amsterdam-Schiphol live up to its international status, but it didn't even
    make a simple top 10. Odd.

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (I've got a baaad feeling about this.....)

    Tom Orle <xspam.torle@comcast.net> wrote in

    > Lasttime I reported on an airline survey. Now AWST has an article
    > about an airport survey conducted by J.D.Powers, which will presented
    > at the Paris airshow.
    > The survey was ccompiled from 9024 passenger interviews in 2004.
    >
    > Here are the top 10 airports:

    If this was s survey of Flight Simulator users, I'm sure that #1 on the
    list would have to be Meigs Field, KCGX.

    http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2003/03-1-157x.html

    Let us all pause a moment and remember what was probably the first airport
    we flew out of (at least I can say it was in my case).

    "Henk" <ngein.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Surely the new Kuala Lumpur must be the world's number one?
    >
    > Kuala Lumpur is very modern and clean, but it has no heart.
    > Hong Kong is nicer, but Changi is the best for me: Many shops in tasteful
    > lounges, nice foodcorners, outside gardens in the transit area, a yakuzi
    > on the roof top......
    >
    > henk

    Outside gardens in the transit area - are you referring to the Cactus Garden
    where all the smokers go to chain smoke before reboarding?

    Those cacti must be hardly plants - I went back inside the terminal to save
    myself from the effects of passive smoke poisoning.

    It is a clean, modern terminal despite the above observation.

    John

    Oh come on, Heathrow would surely be at the top of the bottom. Man what a
    stinky dump.

    "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
    > Dallas wrote:
    >> 2) Miami, Florida - Motto: "Designed by idiots to make sure everyone
    >> walks at least 5 miles."
    >>
    > And if a passenger asks for information, just shrug and answer in
    > spanish.........

    >> And if a passenger asks for information, just shrug and answer in
    >> spanish.........

    Thad'sa preddy cool amigos, it make-a it numba one for me you estupid
    gringo!

    --

    Dallas wrote:

    > 1) San Juan, Puerto Rico...
    > 2) Miami, Florida...

    How can you tell the difference between these two? ;-)

    John

    Todd Aiken wrote:
    > Tom Orle <xspam.torle@comcast.net> wrote in
    >

    >>Lasttime I reported on an airline survey. Now AWST has an article
    >>about an airport survey conducted by J.D.Powers, which will presented
    >>at the Paris airshow.
    >>The survey was ccompiled from 9024 passenger interviews in 2004.
    >>
    >>Here are the top 10 airports:
    >

    > If this was s survey of Flight Simulator users, I'm sure that #1 on the
    > list would have to be Meigs Field, KCGX.
    >
    > http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2003/03-1-157x.html
    >
    > Let us all pause a moment and remember what was probably the first airport
    > we flew out of (at least I can say it was in my case).

    Nope, my favorite airport would be anything designed by Bill Melichar,
    or however you spell it. That man can design airports!

    John

    "The Man Behind The Curtain
    > > 1) San Juan, Puerto Rico...
    > > 2) Miami, Florida...
    > How can you tell the difference between these two? ;-)

    LOL.. good point.

    But, if the few stinky bars and food service places close down at 7:00 pm
    and everyone treats you with distain.. you know you are in Puerto Rico!

    Dallas

    > Outside gardens in the transit area - are you referring to the Cactus
    > Garden where all the smokers go to chain smoke before reboarding?

    Yes, I admit, that is the negative side of it.

    Henk

Games Microsoft Video Games