Cleaning Epson C82 print head?

My Epson C82 is indicating plenty of ink left in the black cartridge
(From Cartridge World, remanufactured, 'T0321'.) But its printing is
faint and patchy. I've used the Clean Nozzle routine 4 or 5 time in
the last few hours, but still the same problem.

I understand you can clean the individual print heads? Could someone
step me through how to do that please? With the cartridge removed I
see a sort of thick 'needle' emerging from a hole. Is that the head?
Do I just get some wet, lint-free paper and try to wipe that, or what?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Hi Terry,

Please email me privately, and I can supply you with a copy of my Epson
Cleaning Manual, which will step you through the whole process, explain
what cleaning supplies you require (nothing that probably isn't already
under your kitchen sink) and provide you with the necessary caveats.

There is no charge for this and you will not be spammed.

Art