David Maltby's Hawker Siddley Trident.

Last response: in Video Games
June 15, 2005 11:59:39 PM

Downloaded David Maltby's Trident and am quite impressed with it's detail.
Quite a nice free package. Well worth the look. If you are interested
www.dmflightsim.co.uk.

I think it may have been mentioned in an earlier post.

Scet
June 16, 2005 4:00:27 AM

On 15-Jun-2005, "Scet" <ldgatty@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

> Downloaded David Maltby's Trident and am quite impressed with it's detail.
> Quite a nice free package. Well worth the look. If you are interested
> www.dmflightsim.co.uk.
>
> I think it may have been mentioned in an earlier post.
>
> Scet

I had the pleasure of spending a week flying BEA's Trident Simulator at
Southall back in the early 70s as part of a training course.
David's Trident brought back memories and is really accurate in so many ways
(especially the Autoland ) ; real payware quality.
The Trident was the only aircraft I know where reverse thrust was selected
at 50 ft above the runway in mid air.
June 16, 2005 4:00:28 AM

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:00:27 GMT, Ad@unrealaddress.com brought the
following to our attention:

>On 15-Jun-2005, "Scet" <ldgatty@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Downloaded David Maltby's Trident and am quite impressed with it's detail.
>> Quite a nice free package. Well worth the look. If you are interested
>> www.dmflightsim.co.uk.
>>
>> I think it may have been mentioned in an earlier post.
>>
>> Scet
>
>I had the pleasure of spending a week flying BEA's Trident Simulator at
>Southall back in the early 70s as part of a training course.
>David's Trident brought back memories and is really accurate in so many ways
>(especially the Autoland ) ; real payware quality.
>The Trident was the only aircraft I know where reverse thrust was selected
>at 50 ft above the runway in mid air.

The model looks great. How about the Vert Stab? It seems of smaller
area than typical aircraft. What's the design concept with such tail?
Asked similar question before but no replies. And doesn't the Trident
have an offset nose gear? ..as more towards the left [seat]?

-Gregory
June 16, 2005 1:20:50 PM

On 16-Jun-2005, Gregory <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote:

> And doesn't the Trident
> have an offset nose gear? ..as more towards the left [seat]?
>

> -Gregory

Yes it did and it retracted sideways!
Can that be done in FS9?
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:53:48 PM

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:20:50 GMT, Ad@unrealaddress.com wrote:

> Yes it did and it retracted sideways!
> Can that be done in FS9?

Of course it can...

Bill
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 8:45:20 AM

Gregory wrote:
-SNIP-

> And doesn't the Trident
> have an offset nose gear? ..as more towards the left [seat]?
>
> -Gregory

That's precisely how it is modeled by Dave M.

Paul
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 8:45:20 AM

Ad@unrealaddress.com wrote:

> On 16-Jun-2005, Gregory <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > And doesn't the Trident
> > have an offset nose gear? ..as more towards the left [seat]?
> >

> > -Gregory
>
> Yes it did and it retracted sideways!
> Can that be done in FS9?

It does and it is...just use spot view and watch
the gear retract to the right and up from it's
position on the left of centerline...

Paul
June 17, 2005 4:39:48 PM

On 17-Jun-2005, Gypsy Baron <no-one@aol.com> wrote:

> It does and it is...just use spot view and watch
> the gear retract to the right and up from it's
> position on the left of centerline...
>
> Paul

I'd never noticed that :(
My head is always in the cockpit.
All the more reason for downloading a superb freebie.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 9:34:56 PM

Ad@unrealaddress.com wrote:

> On 17-Jun-2005, Gypsy Baron <no-one@aol.com> wrote:
>

> > It does and it is...just use spot view and watch
> > the gear retract to the right and up from it's
> > position on the left of centerline...
> >
> > Paul
>
> I'd never noticed that :(
> My head is always in the cockpit.
> All the more reason for downloading a superb freebie.

What? You don't do a walk-around during preflight? Shame on you! :)

Paul
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 12:50:43 PM

"Gypsy Baron" <no-one@aol.com> wrote in message news:42B309AE.E79@aol.com...
> Ad@unrealaddress.com wrote:
>>
>> On 17-Jun-2005, Gypsy Baron <no-one@aol.com> wrote:
>>

>> > It does and it is...just use spot view and watch
>> > the gear retract to the right and up from it's
>> > position on the left of centerline...
>> >
>> > Paul
>>
>> I'd never noticed that :(
>> My head is always in the cockpit.
>> All the more reason for downloading a superb freebie.
>
> What? You don't do a walk-around during preflight? Shame on you! :)
>
> Paul

Hopefully the gear aren't retracting while he is on the ground :-)
June 20, 2005 1:01:04 PM

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:20:50 GMT, Ad@unrealaddress.com brought the
following to our attention:

>On 16-Jun-2005, Gregory <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> And doesn't the Trident
>> have an offset nose gear? ..as more towards the left [seat]?
>>

>> -Gregory
>
>Yes it did and it retracted sideways!
>Can that be done in FS9?

In addition to the somewhat `stubby' tail... seem to recall a fourth
smaller tail-mounted engine for takeoff assistance when required.

-G
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:13:19 PM

Stephen F. wrote:

-SNIP-
> > What? You don't do a walk-around during preflight? Shame on you! :)
> >
> > Paul
>
> Hopefully the gear aren't retracting while he is on the ground :-)

But the nose gear offset does :)

Paul
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:13:19 PM

Gregory wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:20:50 GMT, Ad@unrealaddress.com brought the
> following to our attention:
>

> >On 16-Jun-2005, Gregory <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> And doesn't the Trident
> >> have an offset nose gear? ..as more towards the left [seat]?
> >>

> >> -Gregory
> >
> >Yes it did and it retracted sideways!
> >Can that be done in FS9?
>
> In addition to the somewhat `stubby' tail... seem to recall a fourth
> smaller tail-mounted engine for takeoff assistance when required.
>
> -G

That is also modeled by Dave M.

Paul
!