Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I have XP Home
Athlon 64, loads of space HD and Memory
Nvidea 5700 GC
Norton Firewall.Virus (system works)
I download SP2
Restart

Get the message Windows has not re-started.
It will only re-start in Safe mode which shows SP2 as
installed.

I tried my Gold XP Disk (fullnot recovery) and tried to
press R to repair, it goes to dos and promts for a
password?!

Have search help guides for SP2 but cannot find FAQ on
windows not re-starting for XP Home.

Have tried 3 times

cheers chris

Any suggestions

Hi,

Go to Safe mode, uninstall SP2 (Control Panel/Add & Remove).

Then start checking the event viewer for clues as to what is going wrong
(start/run eventvwr.msc).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/