SP2 Windows will not re-start

I have XP Home
Athlon 64, loads of space HD and Memory
Nvidea 5700 GC
Norton Firewall.Virus (system works)
I download SP2
Restart

Get the message Windows has not re-started.
It will only re-start in Safe mode which shows SP2 as
installed.

I tried my Gold XP Disk (fullnot recovery) and tried to
press R to repair, it goes to dos and promts for a
password?!

Have search help guides for SP2 but cannot find FAQ on
windows not re-starting for XP Home.

Have tried 3 times

cheers chris

Any suggestions
1 answer Last reply
More about windows start

    Hi,

    Go to Safe mode, uninstall SP2 (Control Panel/Add & Remove).

    Then start checking the event viewer for clues as to what is going wrong
    (start/run eventvwr.msc).

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have XP Home
    > Athlon 64, loads of space HD and Memory
    > Nvidea 5700 GC
    > Norton Firewall.Virus (system works)
    > I download SP2
    > Restart
    >
    > Get the message Windows has not re-started.
    > It will only re-start in Safe mode which shows SP2 as
    > installed.
    >
    > I tried my Gold XP Disk (fullnot recovery) and tried to
    > press R to repair, it goes to dos and promts for a
    > password?!
    >
    > Have search help guides for SP2 but cannot find FAQ on
    > windows not re-starting for XP Home.
    >
    > Have tried 3 times
    >
    > cheers chris
    >
    > Any suggestions