Instrument Pilot Checkride

Hi does anyone know what the holding pattern is when doing the
instrument pilot checkride in Flight Sim 2004 Century of Flight?
You fly the VOR approach into Tacoma Intl, execute a missed approach
then intersect the VOR on the 140 degree radial, do a standard right
turn and fly a holding pattern. What pattern? I cant seem to find it
even though I have printed the chart and searched the help centre.
Can anyone help?
Thank you.

More about instrument pilot checkride

    Garleblaster wroote:

    > What pattern? I cant seem to find it
    > even though I have printed the chart and searched the help centre.
    > Can anyone help?

    Not having taken the MS instrument checkride, I have to ask: Do they
    want you to fly the published missed approach to the published holding
    pattern, or is this holding pattern one that was made-up for the
    checkride? Also, what VOR approach are you flying?

    Normally, all US published approach plates have a missed approach
    holding pattern depicted on them. The approach plate that you are
    using for this particular approach should have a missed approach
    holding pattern on it. However, it is possible that you are not
    supposed to fly this particular hold.

    If the hold you are required to fly is not the same as the missed
    approach hold, then you will need to visualize the hold yourself, as
    what is often required in real life. Some pilots find it helpful to
    quickly draw out the hold on a piece of paper to more easily visualize
    the hold. To do this:

    1) Draw a large + with a dot in the middle representing the VOR.

    2) Draw a straight line coming off the VOR at about the 4 o'clock
    position. This represents the 140 degree radial.

    3) Draw a hold race track: Start about an inch down the 140 degree
    radial, drawing along the radial back to the VOR, then turn east and
    back around again to the southeast. Draw this leg as about one inch
    long on the eastern side of the 140 degree radial, before coming back
    around to the radial itself.

    4) This is your hold. You can draw another straight line to the VOR
    at the determined clock position to represent your current heading to
    the VOR. For example, if you are flying a heading of 360 to get to the
    VOR, draw a line to the VOR from the 6 o'clock position.

    This will show you how you are arriving at the VOR and what kind of
    entry into the hold you will need.

    5) BTW, to fly this hold after entering it, your goal is to make your
    inbound leg (the leg flown on the 140 degree radial to the VOR) exactly
    one minute long, or one full minute by the time you reach the VOR.

    Upon reaching the VOR on the 140 degree radial, turn right 180 degrees
    to a 140 degree heading, then start your stopwatch. In a no-wind
    scenario, fly outbound for one minute and turn back to the right and
    back onto the 140 degree radial. Start your stopwatch after rolling
    out on the radial to ensure it takes you one minute to fly back to the
    VOR.

    --
    Peter

    Standard rates turns, to the right unless specified, 1 minutes legs...
    That's the standard holding pattern.

    - Barney

    "Gargleblaster" <Gargleblaster@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    > Hi does anyone know what the holding pattern is when doing the
    > instrument pilot checkride in Flight Sim 2004 Century of Flight?
    > You fly the VOR approach into Tacoma Intl, execute a missed approach
    > then intersect the VOR on the 140 degree radial, do a standard right
    > turn and fly a holding pattern. What pattern? I cant seem to find it
    > even though I have printed the chart and searched the help centre.
    > Can anyone help?
    > Thank you.

Games Microsoft Video Games