Sign in with
Your question

Help plz... Computer shuts down internet, and others...

Last response: in Components
March 26, 2006 9:35:34 PM

Goodday to all u fine sirs out there....
Ive been a frequent visitor of this site, but never registered...
anyways, the time has come to register, cuz i got a huge problem...
I had sum problems before, so i formatted my pc, and all of a sudden it started booting at an incredibly slow pace... like 3x as slow as usual... (took bout 40secs before, now like 2 minutes sumthin... )
Ive messed around with ma BIOS, everything seems to be in order, but im not sure, not a comp wizz myself so yeah...
anyways, im jus rambling here, the major problem is....
once ive booted, and im running sum programs (msn, skype, teamspeak, and then source for example) it all works fine for a while... but then...
all of a sudden my css freezes up, i can just about hear the others on teamspeak for like 5 secs, then tht shuts down... all internet related programs dont work anymore... and the only thing left to do is reboot,( with powerbutton, normal reboot doesnt work neither)

thought it was overheating at first, bought zalman 9500led... load temp during gameplay is at around 32°C, still got same prob...

sorry for the looooong explanation, but its starting to bug me....

(got amd 4000+ sd, A8N SLi deluxe asus, 2gb ddr400 ram, 7800GT)
March 28, 2006 10:04:18 PM

help... anyone? anything is better than nothing remember...
March 28, 2006 10:50:29 PM

What are your system specs? A 40 second boot up is still sounds a little slow for a system that could be running CS:S.

What were your problems before the reformat?

How are you connected to the internet? Is the modem/router/switch (??) functioning properly?

We need a little more info here.

EDIT: Whoops, just saw your specs at the very bottom of your message.
Related resources
March 28, 2006 10:56:50 PM

Sounds like a malware problem now. Are you running any antivirus?

I would suggest booting into Safe Mode with networking and try a free online virus scan such as Housecall from Trend Micro. Booting into Safe Mode should ensure that any malware is not running which will allow the online scanner to remove them.

Most regular antivirus is good at keeping stuff from getting onto your computer, however if something gets past it, they are not very good at getting rid of the problem. The Safe Mode method works best for removal.
March 28, 2006 10:57:43 PM

ok, well, i got the asus A8N SLi deluxe, 7800GT pointofview, 2GB ddr400 ram (with aluminum heat spreaders) amd§' athlon 4000+ san diego, HDD 2x 250 @ 7200rpm, one ext 400GB hdd...... euh, tv card and audigy 2 sound card.... and 2 19 inch screens....

problems before was tht my HDD where in raid, and everything crashed... like a week after i got it... apperantly it was sumthin with the raid format... i dunno...
im connected through a lan cable... but i switched internet, it was like this before (had wireless crap before), so i dont thonk its tht....
i think tht all the info my very lil tech head can give u...
!