I would like to know

darklegionca

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I am planing my new rig my mobo will be Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, i would like to know if i should stay with the stock fan that comes with the AMD x2 3800 or if i could use Zalman Fatal1ty FS-C77 Ultimate CPU Cooler, or what heat pipe cooler you guys would recomend.

darklegionca

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Sorry i forgot to add the fact i need to know if the zalman will have any clearance issues with there heat pipe ,ram or the psu.

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
ok do u plan to overlock

-the fatality is overated and overpriced

if u want to overclock then yeah

if not use the stock heatsink , maybe with some arctic silver 5 on it

the clearance , maybe with the ram is the fan size 120 mm ?

i think it 80mm im not shure

darklegionca

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
ok do u plan to overlock

-the fatality is overated and overpriced

if u want to overclock then yeah

if not use the stock heatsink , maybe with some arctic silver 5 on it

the clearance , maybe with the ram is the fan size 120 mm ?

i think it 80mm im not shure
im not sure if im going to be overclocking frankly idc about the name it's just the size of it that makes me like it and i beliave the fan is a 120mm and i think the heat pipe that is on the mobo is about 2 inchs high (im taking a guess here) so thats why im trying to get some things solved

Covered_in_bees

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
I have the same mobo, and looking at it, you may have problems fitting that hsf. Also, that fan's a bit loud (120mm running at 2400rpm = 42.5dB +/- 10%)

Unfortunately, the A8N32 it's not listed on the compatability list on the Zalman site, so can't say for sure.

As your not overclocking, the stock hsf should be more than sufficient for your needs.

If you want a different hsf that looks good and performs well, then check out the Zalman CNPS9500 LED 'Aeroflower'. I have one of these, and it fits without problems, looks great, and is quiet.

darklegionca

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
ya i finaly found out that the cooler (fatatly) isnt compatable i will chk out that other cooler you have suggested thank you for your help bud

Adk_Eric

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
I am planing my new rig my mobo will be Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, i would like to know if i should stay with the stock fan that comes with the AMD x2 3800 or if i could use Zalman Fatal1ty FS-C77 Ultimate CPU Cooler, or what heat pipe cooler you guys would recomend.

As for final recommendation I'm sure it matters if you are planning on O/C. Here's my experience with the stock heatsink and fan on a system I built last week, so far not overclocked:

Generally I'm runnning at about 37 Celcius, sometimes as low as 34, highest I've seen is 40. That's after operating about 24 hours in a 75 F degree room.

I'd note though that I screwed up when I was mounting the thing and damaged the thermal pad that came with the heatsink. So I had to go to the store to buy thermal paste. Unfortunately I live in an area where the only readily available thermal paste is radio shack goop. So that's what I've got running on my 3800x2 with the stick heatsink. Not bad I'd say for generic goo.

I do plan on ordering some arctic 5 next week to come with my new speakers I'm picking up via newegg.

Processor: 3800x2
Ram: 1 GB Crucial Ballistix
Case: Thermaltake Tsunami
MB: Asus A8N-E
PS: Coolermaster 550
Vid: Biostar GeForce 6500 (cheap ass card until directx 10 comes out (damn vista delay))

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
zalmans r really good fans overclocking or not , but i would get the zalman

stock cooler is a tad loud and it dont look good

i always loved the way zalman copper heatsinks look :D

darklegionca

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I have just spent the last few hours looking @ Zalman CNPS9500 LED that Covered_in_bees said he had and it looks like i will be going with that one i have seen the pics i have needed to see to make sure it will fit and it has more then enough clearnce plus other sites are giving it high marks so that you for your help even if it did take a 2 days but meh im allways in a rush lol