Intel i815 Socket Problem! Important!

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Hi

my friend just got a problem while removing his processor. He wanted to check what kind of socket he was using, the processor serial number, s-pec number, stepping etc. and also other things from his mobo. He is using a Intel D815EEA2 with a tualatin 1.2ghz and now that he removed the processor he tried to put it back but there was a problem. he puts the lever up then he puts the processor and it fits ok but when he tries to put the lever down he cant because is like is stuck at the middle of the way the lever stops and doesnt let you move more than half way. what can we do to solve this problem? the motherboard and the processors are all-right no pins missing or anything moved he just pulled out the processor and thats it. oh yeah and the mobo is not broke either because when the processor is not in the socket the lever moves ok up and down and the socket moves left and right so i dont know whats going on .please help is really important

Maleon

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
:?: are you sure there is ok with all the pins of CPU? you said the lever works good without CPU, so check it carefully.

AntiHax0r

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
Hmm... are you sure you/whoever that is pushing the lever.. is pushing hard enough? Some of those levers typically don't go down easily and will need some decent force to push it down.

Try this, take the cpu out of the socket and push the lever down without the cpu in it.. if it goes down then you may need to push a little harder when the cpu is in, this to ensure a good/tight contact between the socket and pins

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Well look the cpu is ok because right now my friend had to put it into his old BX motherboard with the slocket adapter and the BX works fine. and the motherboard... thats the problem i dont want to push harder im scare of breaking the lever and ill be the only one responsable. but like i said the mobo is ok because the lever goes up and down and the socket moves left and right withOUT the cpu. so.... i dont know maybe the lever is kinda stucked a little bit or moved from its place and needs to be forced a little bit... but i dont know what you recommend me?. thanks

AntiHax0r

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
Well I still think you may have to push a tad harder... push closer towards the "fulcrum" or the joint on the lever rather than the tip (if its plastic) to minimize the possiblity of breaking the lever.

TRENDING THREADS